Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    this is really strange, I read about a guy in another forum who got it working well with his t-mobile device...
  2.    #62  
    You could also go HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\FilghtModeOnOff\EnableSound

Change from 1 to 0
  3.    #63  
    are you certain the always on registry hack worked? did you see the two arrows apprear by the EV symbol?
    something else weird is happening ...
    when i do MANUAL syncs in Emailpush, office2go is pushing a bunch of email to my 700w that does not come to my regular desktop outlook client, ie, office2go is not pushing some of the email to my device. I went into my server and told my comcast account to forward my email to my office2go account and the behavior is strange to me. I think I'll buy a blackberry and call it a day.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    something else weird is happening ...
    when i do MANUAL syncs in Emailpush, office2go is pushing a bunch of email to my 700w that does not come to my regular desktop outlook client, ie, office2go is not pushing some of the email to my device. I went into my server and told my comcast account to forward my email to my office2go account and the behavior is strange to me. I think I'll buy a blackberry and call it a day.
    don't give up on the treo yet. I tried this last night and the developer has made MANY improvements. Just download and install the two files from his web site and set up a free account at fastmail. Enter your fastmail server info into vgsmail and forward your pop3 mail to fastmail account, works like office2go. Seems to handle less than 200 messages left on the server well and seems to choke when there is a reset (but you shouldn't have too many). He is making a lot of progress and updates the software with fixes and features every few days. You may have more success. Give it a try, it's all free.

might help is you had the links again:
    www.vgsmail.com/ppc
    www.fastmail.fm

Let me know how it works for you. thanks
    Last edited by wannatreo; 01/29/2006 at 10:35 AM.
    this is all much too complicated for the average user. 'go to fastmail and set up an account there, and then go to blahmail and set up your account there to forward to joemail, and then go to your ISP and tell it to forward your mail to fastmail'.

At this rate, this one software app would bring down the entire internet.

MrVegas - why don't you jsut use Wireless Sync in POP mode for your 700w? It will push mail to you in 15 min intervals. Or - just set up your POP account in Outlook on the device? All this other junk seems like too much bother.
    nrosser ....

If only wireless sync worked that way for me!

I can't get it to push mail to me in 15 minute intervals, it just doesn't work! I think over the course of three days it pushed 3 out of about 25 pieces of email from my POP3 email account to me.

Thats why I was trying this other stuff.

Now I have another problem, I unistalled the wireless sync software from the Treo 700w and I cant figure out how to re-install it.
  8.    #68  
    actually, most of us do it now with Chatter/fastmail on the 650. You would just use vgsmail instead of Chatter on the 700. Really isn't complicated at all. Or you could just set up an Exchange mail account and wait until April when MS releases the DirectPush update for WM5.
  9.    #69  
    do a hard reset but backup first!
    Dear Forum Members,

I have read through this discussion with great interest and pleasure that the interest for the e-mail push solution in connection with a 700w is growing steadily.

Since, there are many open issues and questions stated in this thread, I just want to give you all some more info on that solution.

As everybody may have noticed, space2go is offering a true e-mail push solution for a wide range of mobile devices. e-mail push is exactly that type of technology, that Blackberry got so popular with.

These people think, that there are many user, who want to use that push technology but do not want to use or buy a BlackBerry device.
    Therefore, they offer the office2go. o2go is a single user solution that provides the user the possibility to get an own mail address in the domain @space2go.com, plus additiona
    PIM sync and 500 MB Web Space.

At the beginning of 2006 space2go upgraded their platform to the 6.5.
    This new release enables the customer to implement external e-mail boxes into his mobile device (e.g. Google Mail, Yahoo, AOL or else).
    In practice, you not only have an own "@space2go.com" mail account on your device, but also a seperate mail box for your Google Mail. You can receive e-mails from that account via push or reply to them with you original signature (Mickey.Mouse@googlemail.com).

The new Multi Profile functionality let you define two different profiles in the client. One profile could be the private profile (private e-mail address) the other profile is the business profile.

Concerning all the discussion of the functionality on a Treo 700w.
    As you may know, Europe has a completly different standard in case of mobile telephony. The States have CDMA, we in Europe have GSM and UMTS.

Since, a Treo 700w is not available yet in old Europe, space2go cannot test the functionality of the push client on the 700w.
    But I know that they are investigating on that conncection handling. Since, I am in the States very often (and partially American), I also have the interest on a support of the 700w

News will follow from me.

Cheers,

Rob
  11.    #71  
    Office2go DOES NOT work with the CDMA Treo700 and PPC-6700 models from Verizon. I have tested it personally. The message from the client indicates that the phone is in Flight Mode, which it is not. When will the 700 be supported?

Also, how will your service PUSH mail from Google oy Yahoo? They are POP3 servers and do not offer a push option. Or does your client simply PULL them on a timed shedule?
    wannatreo ...

I was just spending more time on Office2go and I noticed that they had different kinds of client software for download, some for pocket pc, some for smartphone ...

Pocket PC 2003
    Detailed devicelist: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...hone/emea.mspx

Software download (http://www.space2go.de/pushclients/pocketpc.cab)
    Manual download

Release version: 6_5_0_27
    Release date: 2006 Jan 13
    Download size: 780kb

Smartphone
    Detailed devicelist: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...hone/emea.mspx

Software download (http://www.space2go.de/pushclients/smartphone.smp.cab)
    Manual download

Release version: 2.5.0.15
    Release date: 02/23/2005
    Download size: 285kb

Supported devices
    T-Mobile SDA Smartphone, Motorola

I believe the one I loaded on my TREO 700w was the pocketpc.cab. Perhaps I should have installed the one called smartphone.smp.cab ???
  13.    #73  
    nope. you had the correct file. I spoke with the developers in Germany and they have a newer version of the oofice2go client that they are sending me tomorrow. However, I did test vgsmail (www.vgsmail.com/ppc) with the 700 and it DOES work. You will need to install both files from their site (transport and client) and sign up for a free fastmail account. Just forward your POP3 mail to fastmail account and it will get pushed to your Treo. It worked well and the developer is releasing updates with performance enhancements and new features every few days. This one looks like it could be good!
    does the fastmail account serve the same purpose that the office2go account did?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    does the fastmail account serve the same purpose that the office2go account did?
    yes
  16.    #76  
    did you install vgsmail? is it working well for you?
    nah, not sure I have the stomach for it <<<wink>>>
  18.    #78  
    it works, give it a try!
    whats the bottom line maan?

does it or does it not work with the 700? We have all been watching and you guys have been at this for a week if not more.

give us some FINAL FINAL HEADSUP about push email for the 700 using o2go. can you please for once put down the exact version and the sequence of steps needed to get the damn thing going?

or should we not go for the 700 and instead go with BB?
  20.    #80  
    the current o2go client DOES NOT work with the 700! They are working on an update for WM5 CDMA phones. Once the update is completed, o2go will be a very reliable solution. I have personally tried it on none CDMA WM5 devices and it works great. Counting the days until it is available for CDMA devices like the 700.

The only game in town currentl is vgsmail, which is in an early stage of development. Although, with a fastmail account is DOES work on the 700.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast