Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 84
  1. #21  
    how can you say its "just like chatter." Chatter doesnt require you to forward ANYTHING if your exchange is IMAP. Many companies dont allow their employees to forward company emails to an external email address, so it appears this solution is useless to those folks (including me). Call it neat, call it handy, but dont call it "just like Chatter." Give mark some credit here for doing what appears to bery tough to do with this push IMAP stuff.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    how can you say its "just like chatter." Chatter doesnt require you to forward ANYTHING if your exchange is IMAP. Many companies dont allow their employees to forward company emails to an external email address, so it appears this solution is useless to those folks (including me). Call it neat, call it handy, but dont call it "just like Chatter." Give mark some credit here for doing what appears to bery tough to do with this push IMAP stuff.

    just like Chatter in terms of PUSH. IMAP from PPC client no PUSH yes. You could wait a few months for the vgsmail client to become reliable or wait for the WebIS mail client to be released which will support IMAP push. If you can't auto-forward your mail then this wouldn't be for you.
  3. #23  
    does this work with POP3 email accounts????
  4.    #24  
    just forward your pop3 mail (you can usually do this through a web interface whever your account is stores- idp, etc.) to your office2go account (that's what I do) and all mail gets pushed to the phone.
  5. #25  
    Wannatreo - this looks good in that it does claim to support Lotus Notes. Having AOL listed as a reference is good too. It gives me a little more comfort in having them house my company mail. I don't need to have my judgment questioned for sending company mail to an unauthorized location.

    athreya - If you try it, please report your results. I'd love to NOT depend on having a redirector.
  6. #26  
    I'm trying to sign up and I'm getting hung up on the international phone number crap.

    I live in Maryland so I said my mobile phone number was 14105551234
    Then they said they sent me a PIN to +4914105551234

    BUt I never got the text message with the PIN ????

    Did I get the format wrong?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    I'm trying to sign up and I'm getting hung up on the international phone number crap.

    I live in Maryland so I said my mobile phone number was 14105551234
    Then they said they sent me a PIN to +4914105551234

    BUt I never got the text message with the PIN ????

    Did I get the format wrong?
    this format worked for me

    +0014105551234
  8. #28  
    OK, so you provided them with "001"

    I provided them with "1"

    They came back with "491"

    I wonder if they were calling me on my cell phone from whatever country they're in, if they would have to dial 49-001-410-555-1234?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    OK, so you provided them with "001"

    I provided them with "1"

    They came back with "491"

    I wonder if they were calling me on my cell phone from whatever country they're in, if they would have to dial 49-001-410-555-1234?
    so, does it work? We are all waiting?
  10. #30  
    for you to answer all my questions dear wannatreo!
  11. #31  
    how long did it take to get the text message from them?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    how long did it take to get the text message from them?
    about 5 seconds
  13. #33  
    OK, I got it !!!
  14. #34  
    now what the hell do I do , download the client?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    OK, I got it !!!
    super, activate your account, download and install the correct client. the link is in this thread. make sure you follow the setup instructions for the client. you will also need to perform one manual sync mail option to appear and for the Messaging account to be set up. What device are you trying this with?
  16. #36  
    Treo 700w
  17. #37  
    I think my account might already be activated, I typed in my PIN and I can see my "space"
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas
    I think my account might already be activated, I typed in my PIN and I can see my "space"
    cool. I was waiting for someone with a 700 to try this. sounds like you punched in your pin and activated the account? have you installed the client on your device?

    I'll walk you through this.
  19. #39  
    Great, I downloaded the .cab file and wasn't sure what to do with it so I said to "extract" it to my desktop. Now I have abou 7 files sitting there. Wht should I do from hre?
  20.    #40  
    no, no. connect your PPC to your desktop and, hit explore and copy to cab over to "my device", use file exploer on the PPC to navigate to My Device, click on the vab file to install.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions