1.    #1  
    We have all been waiting for a program like ChatterEmail, which offers true push email on the Treo 650, to be developed for Windows Mobile devices such as the 700w. Well it appears as though that is going to happen:

WebIS plans on releasing a new version (3.0) of their full featured email client, WebIS Mail, later this year. This new version will sync with IMAP servers supporting the IDLE command. This feature will enable true push email to a WM5 device from most IMAP mail servers. MS's DirectPush update, MSFP will only work with Exchange servers.

This is exciting news since many of us use ChatterEmail on the Treo 650, and have been holding off on upgrading to the 700 because a similar application did not yet exist. The built in Messaging application feature set is very weak and does not support any push capability.

We have decided that we will move all new architecture changes to 3.0. There we've already designed a new IMAP engine to be able to handle new IMAP IDLE, new IMAP extensions for mobile use, HTTP push, and so on. We've already planned to move our file system from our current SolFS (its our own database engine that stores all your data) to a new database engine either being SQLLite or EDB/CEDB native. And that's for 3.0. That should drastically decrease the Mail codesize, mail memory use, and speed things up. We couldn't have done it before because only SolFS was usable for keeping data on memory cards. If we get 2.2 done in the next few weeks, then we should have 3.0 ready by late summer.
    WebIS will be releasing version 2.2 any day now which will fully support WM5 and the square screen of the Treo 700. They will follow 2.2 with version 3 which will support IMAP IDLE push mail.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...showtopic=8376

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Cool.. On a side note does anyone know if Exchange IMAP supports the IDLE command? Just out of curiosity....
    That is good news. I havent seen a need to get webIs but I would for support of the idle command.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Yes, it does... but OWA push is only available after 2003 SP2 IIRC. Frankly, though, I hardly think the 700w is any kind of upgrade for current 650 owners -- after all, who cares if the network is faster if it won't stay up reliably? I think a Linux-based, POS compatible model UMTS or poss EVDO with at least 64MB RAM and at LEAST 320x320 display is more worth waiting for, IMHO. YMMV.
    I would like to see the same thing. SOON! Palm is so slow!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Frankly, though, I hardly think the 700w is any kind of upgrade for current 650 owners -- after all, who cares if the network is faster if it won't stay up reliably?
    I actually don't think the 700w is meant for current 650 users unless they are part of the small group of people wanting WM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    check out office2go, easy, reliable push solution available right now!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105531
    I'm glad to read that they are committing to this to multiple folks. I got a similar emal.
    COOOOOOL! Push email (IMAP IDLE) is the ONLY thing holding me back from upgrading to the 700.

I hope it comes out soon!
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions