1.    #1  
    I am a happy palm treo 650 user. I am anxious to switch to the 700, but must wait for the 700p, whenever that is.

Just curious about others thoughts: if I thought that palm OS would eventually fade away, I would jump ship now and move to 700w now. I know it is a theoretical question, but curious about thoughts of others on this, especially former 650 users. Thanks
    I make my living developing applications in Microsoft's development languages and develpment software to run on Microsoft's operating system. This is my 4rth Treo, so of course all the rest were Palm based. It's unlikely I'll ever go back, and I've only had the phone a week. It's not that Mobile is so much better than Palm, I can't really think of any specific thing except I think this will be easier to customize and configure than Palm.

I think Palm may very well fade away from the phone based hardware. It doesn't really have much of a market share as it is. And doesn't it only run on Palm based hardware? Mobile doesn't have that limitation. But maybe it will stick around for 1 or 2 devices like Apple sticks around in it's little market niche.
  3.    #3  
    is there anything you miss from the palm os?

I have read of complaints of multiple screen to go through to get where you want like the desktop, Thanks for your input
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I posted this on HoFo

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=831211

and there were some good responses. I really think the bottom line is that you have to try it for yourself and decide. Many people have widely varying experiences; very good to very bad. Barring hardware and ActiveSync problems, if you select stable, compatible third-part apps and watch the state of the RAM on either device, 650 or 700w, I believe that you can have a very good usable device, but not a completely glitch free one. I wouldn't mind Palm OS going away as long as WM is improved to operate reliablely and Mac support is provided for syncing and app installation. It took a long time and much user pain to get from Windows to XP Pro and my XP box is still way behind Mac OSX in reliable operation so it may never happen on WM. The one thing I keep wishing is that both MS and Palm developers would start testing their products and not leave it up to the rest of us. Either that or cut the prices in half so we can get "paid" for all our beta testing.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    is there anything you miss from the palm os?

I have read of complaints of multiple screen to go through to get where you want like the desktop, Thanks for your input
    Yeah that's true. I'm adapting to it. I may write my own custom "Today" screen and maybe some kind of hotkey launcher so I can get to what I want instantly. I really like Windows Mobile better. Last night I was messing around with some applications, and I can just copy whatever I want to the SD card and then move it around using the explorer and create shortcuts to show up in the Programs window. I did have some trouble getting the ActiveStynk to recognize my Treo was connected but once it did, configuring and moving files is great.