1.    #1  
    First I want to thank all the contributors to this forum for their input. I got my Treo 700W on Friday and spent most of the weekend reading this forum (to the chagrin of my wife who is now calling me "phone geek boy".)

Anyhow - thanks for the cool tips and tricks.

So maybe here's one back.

To reach my wife at work I have to dial a main number, wait for the voice message to pick up, then dial an extension. You probably know that you can use speed-dial "extra digits" to have the Treo call a number with extensions. That's cool, but I wanted to have it call from the Contacts list so I could use the "Call Wifey at Work" voice command to initiate the call.

But when I tried to enter the same value that works in speed-dial "extra digits" in the Contacts phone number the Treo wouldn't accept the entry... it wouldn't let me enter the commas that I needed for pauses before entering the extension.

So I tried this... I launched Notes, entered the same extension string that worked in speed-dial (complete with commas) and then copied it. I then went back to Contacts and pasted in the string after the phone number. Now it looks like: 555-5555,,,66,66 (where 6666 is her extension).

Lo and behold, it works!

Note: Sending all four digits of the extension at once seemed to be too fast for her office voicemail system, so after some experiment I found that adding an extra comma in the middle slowed it down enough to work.

Calling voicemail (with my 4 digit passord as an extension) works too, with: 555-5555,,PS,WD,#
    Quote Originally Posted by fonegeekboy
    So I tried this... I launched Notes, entered the same extension string that worked in speed-dial (complete with commas) and then copied it. I then went back to Contacts and pasted in the string after the phone number. Now it looks like: 555-5555,,,66,66 (where 6666 is her extension).
    THANK YOU!!!

I had several conference call numbers which worked with XV6600 in this format:
    800-555-1212pppp111111#
    since the "p" served as a pause. I changed the "p" to commas and they didn't work.

My VZW phonemail entry did work and I didn't understand it before:
    *86,,,#1234

Now I understand. The commas work but you can't have too many numbers going through at once. My conference call numbers now work in this format:
    800-555-1212,,,11,11,11#

Again, thank you!

Edit to add one more tip:
    Don't launch "Notes". You can do the copy/paste trick directly to the "Notes" tab within the Contact. Very cool.
    Hey Guyz!
    Just got my 700P with Verizon and definitely need to get this crack. I'm a little confused. I am able to enter commas or p's during normal new contact
    entries. However when I view the new entered contact in the contacts list the , and p are not visible nor are they dialed. I tried the cut and paste the number with , and p from notes within contacts with no change. Am I missing something?

Thanx
    Mitch
  4. dll
    used this on my 700wx with nightravens 6.1 rom