Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    make sure your pie is setup to be shown/known as a mobile browser.
    Changing pie to show as pocket explorer brought me to a page with link that says "Download opera mini". So I clicked it and it downloaded a tiny 1k file called mini. I clicked the file mini and nothing happens. So then I tried executing the midlet program from the icon in my program files. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have PIE Plus & Opera 8.65 Beta on my 750. I had 8.6 and recently updated to the beta. I really like Opera and find myself using it more then PIE lately.

You are aware there is a cookie issue with the new Mini 4 beta? There is a thread all about it on opera's forums.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Would somebody please post the steps to take to get opera mini downloaded, installed, and working on a 700wx. It would be so much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    1. Download ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...anager_v11.zip
    2. Install it.
    3. Download http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jar
    4. Find it using file explorer and click it.
    5. It should auto bring up the midlet manager so all you have to do is configure the settings to how you like them and that should be it.

Sorry if my steps earlier werent very clear, i hope this helps this is all you should need now. Once again let me know if this works for you or not.
    Thanks... but not go. I followed the instructions but it doesn't work. I downloaded the midlet manager and installed it. WM5 said it installed properly. I then clicked the opera-mini-3 file and nothing happens. Nothing at all. No midlet manager is opened... nothing.

What in the world am I doing wrong? help
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i have noooo clue whats going wrong... but just incase follow the same directions but download this file instead of the other opera mini link i posted...

http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jad

let me know if that one works for you.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    1. Download ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...anager_v11.zip
    2. Install it.
    3. Download http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jar
    4. Find it using file explorer and click it.
    5. It should auto bring up the midlet manager so all you have to do is configure the settings to how you like them and that should be it.

Sorry if my steps earlier werent very clear, i hope this helps this is all you should need now. Once again let me know if this works for you or not.
    i just tried this again after a hard reset for you and testing purposes and it works correctly for me.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    http://www.operamini.com/download/pc...lm_treo_700wx/

heres the .jar for the 700wx
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jar

dunno if that will help you any but its the same thing ive been telling you.
    Well thanks for trying. Nothing happens when I install the midlet manager and then click on either the jad file or jar file. Why would this work for your 700wx but not mine? What is the difference?
    I've also tried installing all of the files on my storage card and also in main memory with no success.

Clicking on the midlet manager icon in the control panel brings up the little wm5 spinning ciecle indicator briefly but that's it. After installing the midlet manager the jad and jar file icons turn to a little small light bulb looking icon. So it seems like the file association is happening.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    After installing the midlet manager the jad and jar file icons turn to a little small light bulb looking icon. So it seems like the file association is happening.
    thats exactly what should happen! then you click it and it should bring up the midlet manager and then you should see a spinwheel for a sec then you should see opera mini in the list! ahh so frustrating ill see if i can think of anymore ideas.
    thanks

So it sounds like the main problem is that the midlet manager is never brought up. Hmmmm....
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    They have a new beta version that seems to work like Safari. Anyone tried that yet?

http://www.operamini.com/beta/
    There's a thread about dachshunds,,, uhh I mean Opera Mini 4 Beta in the WM Comms forum. On the other hand there's a picture of a dachshund in this forum. And Opera Mini might be pretty nifty but it isn't as good as Dachshunds.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    The beta doesn't work for me either unfortunately. I have no idea what is wrong with my phone.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    the beta sucks... i dont even use it... too many problems...
    I have been using the beta for about a week now. It's still not my primary browser (I use Opera Mobile). With the exception of some abnormal terminations, it's been otherwise pretty solid on my 750.

As I understand, the full screen view is an option that is in the current gold version but not in beta? A shame since I find full screen view pretty necessary for extended browsing on the Treo's square screen.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    There's a thread about dachshunds,,, uhh I mean Opera Mini 4 Beta in the WM Comms forum. On the other hand there's a picture of a dachshund in this forum. And Opera Mini might be pretty nifty but it isn't as good as Dachshunds.
    Glad to know that my Dachshund stood up well against the newest breed of O Mini. Anyway, thank you and others for the feedback.

Back on topic: I never got Netfront to work, so I can't comment on it. As for Blazer, I wish they would store browsed pages in cache so that the wait isn't so long when I tab the back button.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12