Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset and started fresh.

So far, as long as I don't click on the Wireless ActiveSync icon in the Programs section, it won't install the program onto the 700w....and place the small red/black arrow icon (which takes up Today space) in the bottom right corner of the Today screen.

Does anyone know how to delete Wireless Activesync from the 700w?
    It seems to come pre-installed on the 700w. I think it may have been interfering with my desktop Activesync ...which forced me to hard reset.
    Yes you can remove it from the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs on the device. But you cannot remove it with Explorer; you must use another file management program such as Resco File Explorer. The link is http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    But does that actually remove it from RAM or just from the list of apps?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    When I installed wireless sync it cause all kinds of problems with Active Sync. I ended up having to do the same thing. Hard reset, and everything works fine. I will NOT be instaling it again I uninstalled it and it caused even more problems, so I will leave it be....
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COBronco
    I uninstalled it and it caused even more problems, so I will leave it be....
    what kind of probs did you get when you removed the wirelesssync.lnk program?
    I just removed it, so it doesn't show up on my list of apps...and so i don't accidently click it. ... hopefully no probs will arise
    It can't be uninstalled with "Remove Programs?"
    How do you remove it from the programs list, when I go into my programs I do not see a menu to do that. . . . err well a menu at all actually.
    nevermind, got it, went through file explorer and found the programs folder under start menu in windows.
    I would like Palm to make Wireless Sync an add-on app when they offer the push email ROM update, give us some RAM back.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions