1.    #1  
    Anyone else with this problem? When mail comes to outlook, it immediately goes to the wirelesssync web site's email listing, but doesn't get to the device for 10-15 mins or more. Same with calendar updates. I am such a treo fan but I may have to go back to blackberry (if they still have a license to operate!)

Thanks!
    IB
    That is the way wireless sync works (and one of the reasons I'm returning the Treo 700). VZW says it sends mail every 15 minutes.
    Hey cool option. That's just like pulling mail with versafail on my 650!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    What's the "validation code" required by seven to get the free beta??
    the current version of SEVEN polls every 15 minutes also.
  7.    #7  
    How is Microsoft and Plan so freaking far behind RIM? You can't KILL blackberry unless you at least come somewhere close to performance! So frustrating...I am such a treo head but I need email quickly, almost real time. Back to blackberry I go...goodbye treo 700 for now.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    the current version of SEVEN polls every 15 minutes also.
    Maybe you set it up to poll every 15 minutes, but mine is set up to Push and the vast majority of the time I get e-mail on my device before it appears in Outlook on my desktop. SEVEN's biggest drawback is that it doesn't use the naitive PIM apps like Calendar, but rumor has it that this is comming sometime this year.

I tried WS (the Intellisync version) and it really isn't ready for prime time (at least not with WM5). It was too buggy and crashed on my device almost constantly to be of any use.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Tried to register, appears that you have to have a validation code...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohn_s
    Tried to register, appears that you have to have a validation code...
    You first need to request to be a beta tester. If accepted, they send you an e-mail with a code.

Here is the form: http://www.seven.com/products/consum...a_program.html
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    I tried WS (the Intellisync version) and it really isn't ready for prime time (at least not with WM5). It was too buggy and crashed on my device almost constantly to be of any use.
    ITA. WS wasn't ready for WM2003 or the Palm OS either. It not only crashes, it also trashes Notes email and calendar entries.

It is a shame that VZW is in bed with Intellisync and Intellisync smugly is sitting back doing NOTHING to improve its offerings. VZW should add SEVEN to its portfolio. That would wake up Intellisync. Fortunately with the PDA SMS 2000 Allowance, we can use other push email systems with no additional cost over our data plan.
    jglev,

How does seven actually work? Do you forward emails to their server then its pushed to the device? Does their server poll your mail servers every few minutes for new messages then push them to the device? does it require an application running on your desktop and when it detects new mail, the message gets pushed to the device?

I am also looking for an easy push solution that is real time, and doesn't require the PC in my home or office to be left on. I looked at www.vgsmail.com/ppc and it is way too early in development and very unstable. Trying to make a Chatter type solution but it will take him many many months. DirectPush should be out by March with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    jglev,

How does seven actually work? Do you forward emails to their server then its pushed to the device? Does their server poll your mail servers every few minutes for new messages then push them to the device? does it require an application running on your desktop and when it detects new mail, the message gets pushed to the device?

I am also looking for an easy push solution that is real time, and doesn't require the PC in my home or office to be left on. I looked at www.vgsmail.com/ppc and it is way too early in development and very unstable. Trying to make a Chatter type solution but it will take him many many months. DirectPush should be out by March with Verizon.
    Yes, it requires you to have a redirector (a small program) running on a computer that is always connected to your work Exchange server. This is a problem for some people if they only have a laptop, but if you have a desktop that you can keep on and connected or an extra computer in your office that you can keep on, it's not a problem. The redirector monitors your server. I believe it actually sends a specially formatted and hidden SMS to your device to tell it to sync (although they are now calling it IP Push and moving away from the SMS model).

Wireless Sync from Verizon works the same way as above (well, at least it is suposed to work that way).
    Jeff