1.    #1  
    What is everyone using to encode dvd movies to put on the treo? any shareware out there

thanks,

Larry
    Pocket DVD Studio works great (http://www.pqdvd.com/watch_dvd_on_pocket_pc.html). Unfortunately it's $39.95. You may be able to find freeware to accomplish the same thing, but this is a pretty slick tool.
    Optimized DVD compression settings -

240x192 resolution

Manually set 24 frames per second in the output options

FM Mono quality sound, 32kbps

Quality settings at slightly above 50%

With these settings: I ripped Fight Club into a 144 meg file that plays perfectly in media player on my 700.

I used Pocket DVD studio to rip, the newest version does WMV compression (the previous only did .avi.).

Don't go with freeware aps, I tried em all first and they don't have the quality of Pocket DVD Studio.

I have ripped over 20 movies at this point and they all look and play great.
    I use fairusewizard which is free and also works great. you can customize settings before burning like the above post touches on. i have ripped about a dozen movies and they all work very well. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13
    Optimized DVD compression settings -

240x192 resolution

Manually set 24 frames per second in the output options

With these settings: I ripped Fight Club into a 144 meg file that plays perfectly in media player on my 700.

I used Pocket DVD studio to rip, the newest version does WMV compression (the previous only did .avi.).

Don't go with freeware aps, I tried em all first and they don't have the quality of Pocket DVD Studio.

I have ripped over 20 movies at this point and they all look and play great.
    2 questions.

How do you get the setting to 240x192 resolution I only have the choice of 240x144

Also, where do yo ufind these 2 settings.

6. felix barbosa
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang View Post
    I use fairusewizard which is free and also works great. you can customize settings before burning like the above post touches on. i have ripped about a dozen movies and they all work very well. good luck
    what settings work best for downloading movies on fairusewizard?????
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I use ImToo to convert movies that I already have on my hard drive when I put them on my Treo 750. You can also use Windows Movie Maker, which you should already have on XP (as Chewiee sweetly pointed out on the 750 forum).

ImToo works great as I just put a ton of Simpson's episodes on my phone.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    DVD to Mobile Devices Converter(shareware) is great software, support convert DVD to Treo, download and try here
    will this ^ work with captioning? or subtitles? For example there is a movie with captioning or subtiltes that I want to convert- I can see that the picture and sound will convert but what about captions?

(i.e. psp's UMD works great with subtitles for the hearing impaired)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    will this ^ work with captioning? or subtitles? For example there is a movie with captioning or subtiltes that I want to convert- I can see that the picture and sound will convert but what about captions?

(i.e. psp's UMD works great with subtitles for the hearing impaired)

i use slysoft's clone dvd mobile and it allows for adding or subtracting subs . also its not freeware , but does offer a trial so you can decide for yourself if it is worth what they ask for it

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html