1.    #1  
    If you are on a call on your 700w and another call comes in... what shows on the screen?? On my vx6700 i get 'answer' and 'wait' as soft tab options. But when I hit 'wait' it does not send the call to voice mail... instead it just keeps ringing.

Does the 700w act in the same way?? if so, we need to find a way to fix this. I have been deciding between 700w and vx6700... so far leaning towards 6700, but coming from a 650, it is helpful for me to get the opinions of those on this board.

Please test and let me know your thoughts. We are all using wm5, so it should behave similarly.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? can anyone test call waiting and tell me how it works on the 700w??

also, if you get a txt message, is there anyway to go to it directly from the notification??
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Nope when I am in a call I have answer and menu as the options and when I press menu, it give me the option to ignore or ignore with text.
    No the Treo700w does not act the same as the VX6700. If you are on a call and another call comes in, you can ignore it and it goes immediately to voice mail or ignore it and send a text message explaining why you can’t take the call.
    RACE: If a txt message comes in you can hit the menu button a few choices appear; delete, reply, forward, move, or mark as read. This is only for Treo700w.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    Folks,

I do not believe this is accurate since there is no way for a CDMA phone to tell the network to ignore. So when you hit ignore, it still rings until voicemail picks up.

The 700 adds the ignore with text message option which is nice.

Glenn
  6.    #6  
    Glenn: that is not true. All my old verizon phones used to send callers to voicemail when i hit 'ignore'.... and even my 6700 does this properly. It just doesn't have the option to do this when i am getting a call waiting.

-marc
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

I do not believe this is accurate since there is no way for a CDMA phone to tell the network to ignore. So when you hit ignore, it still rings until voicemail picks up.

The 700 adds the ignore with text message option which is nice.

Glenn
    I was able to do that with my 650 with a program called sharkmsg and I am able to do it with my 700. When I receive a call, if I press ignore it will go directly to voicemail and if it's a cell phone calling I can ignore with text and it will send the text message.
    If you hit ignore, it will send the caller directly to voicemail.

This is bad (for me) because people later get mad and say "you sent me to ignore!", which is obvious to them when they get only 2 rings whereas if it still continued to ring, it would be 7-8 rings. If the phone was off, it'd ring (at most) once.
    Hi,

If they know anything about distintive ringing.
    A Verizon phone gives a distintive ring in the earpice of the caller if you are on the phone.
    I can always tell if someone with a Verizon phone is talking when I call. There is an extra beep after the ring.

tech