Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I have my 700w set to check my Gmail email POP account every 10 minutes, which on the whole works well...
    but every once in a while all my previously read emails come back as UNREAD ... which is annoying to go through all of the emails again to mark them as 'read'. Does anyone encounter this, and know of a fix? thx
    Do you have the gmail settings (on the web) set to archive after they have been 'popped'? That might help?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Do you have the gmail settings (on the web) set to archive after they have been 'popped'? That might help?

I had the settings on "keep Gmail's copy in the inbox" , but I will try changing the setting to "Archive Gmail's copy".

The thing is, that the problem only occured intermittently... we'll see if this helps. thanks.
    Thats what I have done for the pop mail. Gmail handles it differently because of the threading (I think). I now forward it to a free imap account and then have it archive it once its forwarded. There are threads about this, search for fastmail.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I've had problems with gmail disappearing. It downloads, I see the messages, then if I check mail again, suddenly the ones I just got are now gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Eric

Thats what I have done for the pop mail. Gmail handles it differently because of the threading (I think). I now forward it to a free imap account and then have it archive it once its forwarded. There are threads about this, search for fastmail.
    Sounds like something is set incorrectly. The same thing happened to me when I first started using G-mail. I donít remember which setting I changed but it stopped right after. Log in to your account on the web and double check that you have your POP preferences set how you want them. For instance, I have mine set to delete messages from the server when I access them from my Palm (via my cell). Also, I donít know if Verizon has free incoming SMS, but you can set G-mail to send you an alert whenever you have new mail. This saves you from having to set your device to check it every 10 mins. I donít know how the 700 is on batteries but if I set my T3 to check for mail every 10mins I have to charge it every day.

J.
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I actually prefer "non-push" only because I like to check myself, at my leisure. I suspect the requests for push are for those more interested in collecting work email. I have no desire to try and manage work email on my phone.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jptsr1
    Sounds like something is set incorrectly. The same thing happened to me when I first started using G-mail. I donít remember which setting I changed but it stopped right after. Log in to your account on the web and double check that you have your POP preferences set how you want them. For instance, I have mine set to delete messages from the server when I access them from my Palm (via my cell). Also, I donít know if Verizon has free incoming SMS, but you can set G-mail to send you an alert whenever you have new mail. This saves you from having to set your device to check it every 10 mins. I donít know how the 700 is on batteries but if I set my T3 to check for mail every 10mins I have to charge it every day.

J.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I've had problems with gmail disappearing. It downloads, I see the messages, then if I check mail again, suddenly the ones I just got are now gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Eric

Kirkeric-
    Here's the thread to the solution for you problem. Hope it helps...it helped me-
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104093
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts

Nope. it didn't work by setting it to Archive.
    I just got an email notification of 34 new messages (all old msgs that I already have seen)
    I have the same problem with my mail disappearing out of my inbox on my 700, then I noticed that every time I select the POP preferences I want and click ďsave changesĒ and then hit ďsend/receiveĒ on my phone it works once and then goes back to not working. I go back to POP preferences in gmail and see that it has not saved the changes I have made. I noticed on all other settings that I select the bubble stays filled in but this one does not. I sent gmail an email to look into it maybe you guys can do the same so they get on top of it a little faster.
    I donít know thatís just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I sent gmail an email to look into it maybe you guys can do the same so they get on top of it a little faster.
    Doesn't sound like a gmail problem, sounds like a problem with the way that WM5 pops email, and it not working with gmails unique way of managing pop, inbox, and "conversations". MS prolly wont wanna fix this b/c of their deep competition with gmail. Gmail invites get marked as spam on a hotmail email account from day one.

I now forward it to a free imap account and then have it archive it once its forwarded. There are threads about this, search for fastmail.
    What free imap account is this? Is it called fastmail?
    What free IMAP service do you use?