1.    #1  
    so i've never understood how the date and time zone function works. say i am in NY and make an appoint for next friday at 5pm when I am going to be in Los angeles. So, it will be 5pm los angeles time.

When i switch to Los angeles time zone all of my appointments get messed up. I don't want to make the appointment for 8pm new york time knowing that it will turn back for LA.

If someone could just explain to me how the time zone features work i would really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn
    so i've never understood how the date and time zone function works. say i am in NY and make an appoint for next friday at 5pm when I am going to be in Los angeles. So, it will be 5pm los angeles time.

When i switch to Los angeles time zone all of my appointments get messed up. I don't want to make the appointment for 8pm new york time knowing that it will turn back for LA.
    Microsoft ties the Pocket Outlook to the current time zone your 700W's clock is set to. So, if you want the appointment to be at 5 PM PST, then you have to make your appointment setting for 8 PM, then use the "Visiting" time function on the Today date tab item to change ALL your appointments to PST while you're in LA.

It's a little easier if you create your visiting appointments on your PC, rather than on your Treo, because you can tell Outlook to display two different time zones on your Calendar display -- EST & PST.

There are some add-on programs that can allow you to set times in other time zones than your current one, but I have had only limited success with them, and have since learned to live with it.