Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Lately just after a soft reset I have been getting the message:

Photo Storage Card Inserted
    Would you like to view the pictures on your storage card now?

Anybody know how to get rid of this?

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Lately just after a soft reset I have been getting the message:

Photo Storage Card Inserted
    Would you like to view the pictures on your storage card now?

Anybody know how to get rid of this?

Frank
    I second that! Very annoying...so far can't find an obvious registry entry to make this message stop. Hope someone figures it out soon!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Haven't found anything in the Registry either or in Startup folder. Must be the app that registers the card. Maybe we'll stumble across it. I can't believe how this stuff just starts appearing after 2 weeks with the 700 and I have had a SD card in it from day one. Also tested the camera and assigned picture storage to the card on the first day.

Frank
    I think it has to do with Windows Media player running in the background. I find that if I kill that app it does not happen.
    Thanks for watching! We'll see you next week.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo
    I think it has to do with Windows Media player running in the background. I find that if I kill that app it does not happen.
    Not for me. I don't have anything running. This happens as the first thing after a soft reset just after the Today screen comes up.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Not for me. I don't have anything running. This happens as the first thing after a soft reset just after the Today screen comes up.

Frank
    Same here. After every soft reset, I get this annoying dialog window asking me if I want to scan my storage card for photos, and it won't disappear until I physically dismiss it.
    I think I found the solution. Check to see if you have a folder named "DCIM" on your storage card. Rename the folder and the dialog should go away.

Neil
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    But then you cannot store pictures on the card
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanguy
    But then you cannot store pictures on the card
    Yup. I see that you are right. I just took a test photo and sure enough the DCIM directory was recreated again. There should be some way to change the default to another directory (a hopefully keep the start-up messesge away).
    The DCIM folder is there so you can move a card from one camera to another and have pictures stored correctly.
    *ALL* digital cameras that I have seen will recreate this folder the first time you take a picture. You can't change it on any camera I've seen.

tech
    So...we need the next firmware update to include an option or a registry edit that will allow us to turn off the daggone notification balloon!
    I found that if any of the pictures on the storage card are attached to any files, eg contact, then the message would appear. All photos which are attached to a contact I had to move out of the storage and into the my pictures file.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello,

I moved all my photo from my storage card to the "My Picture" folder on the Treo 700w and I still get the box when I do a reset of the device.
    Thanks,

plucas
    Quote Originally Posted by plucas
    Hello,

I moved all my photo from my storage card to the "My Picture" folder on the Treo 700w and I still get the box when I do a reset of the device.
    Did you update the option to have the pictures stored to the device?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yes I changed where the pictures get stored. It is set to "Save files to Main memory" and I still get the box poping up asking to view pictures on the storage card.
    Thanks,

plucas
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm getting this now and was wondering if anyone has a solution. I have my pictures set to save on my SD card, but haven't taken any or attached them to a contact yet. It is sort of annoying. Another thing related to the storage card I noticed is any program I have stored on it that has a shortcut placed in the Start Menu, the icon for it won't show up. I'll get the white box instead. I think both problems are related to the SD card being read to late in the boot sequence after a soft reset. Don't know how or why it would do it, or how to fix it. Any ideas?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Add one victim here. Sometimes the notification goes away after loading the Today-screen, sometimes it lingers. Very strange.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Mine sometimes appears even when I haven't reinserted my SD card. I got a replacement 700wx thinking mine was defective and the replacement does it too. Le sigh.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    BUMP. Still an annoying issue.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Wow... been going on for a while it looks like!

I just started getting this annoying message after upgrading to the official ATT WM6.

I did not get this message when I was using the *leaked* WM6 version - very strange.

There has got to be someone smart enough to figure out how to disable this message after reboot???

goodluck!
    jbstix
    Moto V551>>Treo 650>>8525>>
    Treo 750 - WM6!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast