1.    #1  
    I just got got my 700, having used the 650, 600, Kyo7135. Initial impressions are good, except I cannot get it to log on to my Comcast e-mail. I can get it to download from my office e-mail, but with Comcast it just gets to "Logging on..." then nothing happens. This is my first WM device and I'm sure I'm making a newbie mistake somewhere. I've tried a soft reset, hard reset, and a host of different settings. I've tried SSL connection required and not required. I've searched this forum and went to Palm and followed the instructions on setting up e-mail. I just can't get it to work. I am at a loss and this is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas of what (stupid thing) I'm missing.

UPDATE:

I can now get it to log on, but it takes over a minute and I have to tap the screen to make sure it does not time out. This can't be the way it's supposed to be, though I read in another forum that Comcast can take up to 90 seconds to log on. That's not good. Is it the WM Outlook progam? I never had this problem with SnapperMail on the 650. Is there a good alternative.
    Last edited by Lnoble; 01/21/2006 at 07:56 PM. Reason: More Accurate Title
  2.    #2  
    UPDATE:

I can now get it to log on, but it takes over a minute and I have to tap the screen to make sure it does not time out. This can't be the way it's supposed to be, though I read in another forum that Comcast can take up to 90 seconds to log on. That's not good. Is it the WM Outlook progam? I never had this problem with SnapperMail on the 650. Is there a good alternative.
    I have my Comcast email working just fine using Wireless Sync. I followed the instructions from the Verizon website and all went well. The Wireless Sync went just as well when installing it on my 700. My Comcast email is sent to my 700 wirelessly every 15 minutes or so. The emails show up in the Outlook folder.
    During the set up of Wireless Sync I made sure that there was no conflict of information between Active Sync and Wireless Sync. All works well at this time.
  4.    #4  
    I may try wireless sync, though I would prefer to just use Outlook to retrieve mail when I want it. How do you send mail using Wireless Sync? Can it sync with more than one e-mail account? My problem is that my work e-mail does not allow me to send remotely. Using SnapperMail and Comcast on the 650, I was able to send work replies through Comcast, with a return addess of my work e-mail. WM Outlook doesn't seem to allow that. Will wireless sync?
  5.    #5  
    Update: I got wireless sync working (kind of) and even got it to log on to Comcast after a looong wait. But this is just not worth the trouble (or $600) to me. when WM was working well, I really liked it, but too many problems. Right now, I need a phone/pda, not a project. Back to the 650.
    I would suggest giving the Verizon tech people a call. I have called them several times with questions and they have been great.
    Last edited by hawgwild; 01/23/2006 at 08:18 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I tried that, and I got e-mail running, but what became apparent is that this really is not designed for someone who just wants to download e-mail on his own schedule and sync to two computers, but not wirelessly or automatically. Don't get me wrong, there were things I loved--EV-Do and multitasking. I even got a glimpse of the power of Windows Mobile. I'll try ti again, someday. But for $619 (I had to pay full price), I want something more evolved. My trusty 650 (I'm lucky, it never resets and is very stable), will have to do for now. Good luck 700 users. I envy many of things the 700 has, but I need a little more stability in my phone/pda right now.