Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    First, I searched.
    Second,

    I'm in search of an IM client that isn't totally worthless. I would like one that doesn't: Crash, lag, double space upon sending a message, disconnect, give a connectivity error message to the user on the other side, log me off, not sign on, not refresh, not receive messages, not send messages, not receive messages while in standby, not show groups, cost money and do the aforementioned.

    I refuse to pay for a non-working program. These include:

    IM+
    Verichat (the worst joke ever)
    Agile Messenger

    Are these the only three that exist? What a joke! It's too bad Agile sucks; it has the smoothest user interface (save the lack of groups) and seems to be the most promising. It's also too bad that Verichat doesn't work. It was just fine on my Treo 650 (except the "Due to connectivity" error messages). I've been testing for the past three hours. All of them suck. All of them eventually sign off. All of them have issues staying connected (unbeknownst to the user). All of them do this within ten minutes of messing. Verichat is the worst.

    ****.
  2. #2  
    Sorry, don't know about too many IM alternative for WM. However here is a list of some that came up on a quick PocketGear search:

    http://pocketgear.com/software_browse.asp?cat=76
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    <moved>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. #4  
    I use Agile. Mostly because it's free..
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use Agile. Mostly because it's free..
    It's not free for WM tho!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. cjc2k's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yeah im pretty pissed about this too.
    I mostly use this thing for instant messaging. Verichat was my favorite program for my 600, now, its kind of useless. ( i like how you can read ppls away messages)
    BUT.... I do have high hopes, because i know in the past verichat was constantly being upgraded and each time worked better and better. Im hoping they are working the bugs out right now for the 700w.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It's not free for WM tho!
    Are you saying its not free for WM 5 (because I use it for free on wm2oo3?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  8. #8  
    If you download from their actual site, they want a fee now. But I at least hope you'll get support if something goes wrong. I'd pay if I knew support is available. Otherwise, there are people still posting the free version on other sites.

    http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    I don't even think it's the Verichat app that's the problem. Really with Verichat I get the very same problem I had with my 650; the connectivity error on the other side. I have friends constantly tell me I'm logging on and off, and then they get an error saying their message was probably not delivered. It's just multiplied tenfold on the 700w.

    Agile is a huge joke. Pay for a Beta? Yea right. Make it work first then we'll see.
  10. #10  
    There are download sites for Agile where you don't have to pay. It's probably the version before they changed it to a trial. I think you can find it on freeppcware.com(something like that).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #11  
    TOCCER is great for AOL IM. Free program!
  12. #12  
    Toccerr works on WM? (I used it on my 600 and it wasn't bad).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  13. #13  
    Uh oh, I posted the "Toccer" reference, but didn't realize we were talking about WM.
  14. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #14  
    I so know what you mean. I have tried pretty much every PPC/WM IM client and Agile Messenger is the best... and it still has issues. Verichat on the palm was nice, but they use a proxy server (hence the lag and disconnects). BTW I think that you give them your password so that thier proxy server logs on for you... The connection between the IM server is to thier proxy box and you connect to that. While I liked the Palm version of Verichat (file transfers and everything), that proxy business makes me uneasy. Agile on the other hand seems to be a direct connect.

    I have written IM clients for MSN on the PC and connectivity and session maintenance is a real pain, so I kinda understand the disconnect, without the users knowing issue. I may try to write one for the WM5 Treo... However I want at least MSN, Yahoo, and AIM. I have found a good MSN library (http://www.xihsolutions.net/dotmsn/), so if anyone knows a good Yahoo and AIM .Net library, let me know.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc2k
    Yeah im pretty pissed about this too.
    I mostly use this thing for instant messaging. Verichat was my favorite program for my 600, now, its kind of useless. ( i like how you can read ppls away messages)
    BUT.... I do have high hopes, because i know in the past verichat was constantly being upgraded and each time worked better and better. Im hoping they are working the bugs out right now for the 700w.
    Causerie releases its new version Causerie 3.1 for Instant Messaging with added features additional to it's older versions. It is better to try this one.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    First, I searched.
    Second,

    I'm in search of an IM client that isn't totally worthless. I would like one that doesn't: Crash, lag, double space upon sending a message, disconnect, give a connectivity error message to the user on the other side, log me off, not sign on, not refresh, not receive messages, not send messages, not receive messages while in standby, not show groups, cost money and do the aforementioned.

    I refuse to pay for a non-working program. These include:

    IM+
    Verichat (the worst joke ever)
    Agile Messenger

    Are these the only three that exist? What a joke! It's too bad Agile sucks; it has the smoothest user interface (save the lack of groups) and seems to be the most promising. It's also too bad that Verichat doesn't work. It was just fine on my Treo 650 (except the "Due to connectivity" error messages). I've been testing for the past three hours. All of them suck. All of them eventually sign off. All of them have issues staying connected (unbeknownst to the user). All of them do this within ten minutes of messing. Verichat is the worst.

    ****.
    Causerie releases its new version Causerie 3.1 for Instant Messaging with added features additional to it's older versions. It is better to try this one.
  17. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #17  
    I cant find a version of Causerie for WM5... only Palm BB and Symbian
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber

    I'm in search of an IM client that isn't totally worthless...
    ****.
    Causerie is another IM software. Downlaod it from the forum website of MantraGroup. Visit the following website for the details.
    http:/www.mantragroup.com/forums/
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by platinum
    Causerie is another IM software. Downlaod it from the forum website of MantraGroup. Visit the following website for the details.
    http:/www.mantragroup.com/forums/

    DUDE! ANOTHER SPAM TACTIC from Mentragroup

Posting Permissions