1.    #1  
    I'm an new to this stuff and need some help. Where is the best place to go to learn how to get email from web mail accounts that I have?

I have 2 webmail accounts that I would like to get mail from. Is it possible to retreive mail from multiple webmail accounts?

Thanks in advance.
    Palm 700w
    I'm a newbie to smartphones and the like, so be nice!
  2.    #2  
    I found Hobbes suggestions, but I keep getting an error. "The server could not be reached. Please verify the server name." As far as I know, I am using the correct server name. Any thoughts?
    Palm 700w
  3.    #3  
    OK, I am able to receive email from my web accounts, but I'm not able to send an email from my 700 thru my webmail account. Any suggestions?
    Palm 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut33
    OK, I am able to receive email from my web accounts, but I'm not able to send an email from my 700 thru my webmail account. Any suggestions?
    If ur using pop3 in email setup 4/4 click options,and in options 2/3 check "outgoing mail requires authentication"

It worked for me.

Good luck
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't seem to help. When I do that it won't even connect. When I change it back, I get "Invalid message recipients" error.
    Palm 700w
  6.    #6  
    Do I need to setup somkind of account with Verizon?
    Palm 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut33
    Doesn't seem to help. When I do that it won't even connect. When I change it back, I get "Invalid message recipients" error.

Did you check"remember the pasword"?
  8.    #8  
    Yea, I have that option checked. I' m not sure what to do next. I can randomly connect and recieve messages, but it never sends them.

I've read elsewhere that I might need to setup a Verizon account and use that as my outgoing email account. The problem is that I want the email sent from a specific address, not a Verizon address.

Thoughts??? Anyone???
    Palm 700w
    I had to set up a VZW account to deal with my outgoing email problems (couldn't send more than one email in the outbox at a time I think because the certificate was invalid with my regular outgoing email server).

My email goes out as if it were from my regular email account. So you can set up the VZW account and you'll be fine.
  10.    #10  
    Did the VZW account take time? I set it up and it still didn't work. I called Verizon PDA support and he told me that it could take up to 24 hours for the account to work.

I can connect and receive messages, but nothing sends -then I get the following error: Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again.

I have verified everything and it appears to be correct. The weird thing is that it says it can't connect, but it does in fact download messages.

Also, the rep adivsed me to change my connection setting from "The Internet" to "My ISP". That didn't seem to fix anything.

Thoughts?
    Palm 700w
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm was having the same problem with sending e-mails, getting the same error message "Invalid message recipients". Setup the VZ Wireless Sych account. It's working, but I don't like the idea that it pushes the e-mail in 15 minute intervals. In the other setup at least I could set it to check every 5 minutes, but can't send e-mail. Weird....
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Guys, check out GEX's thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=4smartphone

Spend the $4.00 per month and go to a hosted Exchange account. That is what WM5 is really all about. You can forward your existing email to the new account and take advantage of over-the-air sync.
    Wingnut,

It took 2 days for the VZW account to work I think. That is what they told me. I tried after a day and it didn't work.

I would get that same message when sending multiple emails at once. Emails would download to my device fine, and upload one email and then disconnect. I haven't been able to figure out why this happened and I talked to Palm about it to. They were the ones that suggested trying the VZW smtp for outgoing email.

I had tried to set up my pop3 one more time before moving to the new VZW mail and I believe the problem is related to certificates. When I set it up it said that the certificate was invalid. Once I switched to VZW it worked fine so I've kept it. No difference really - email comes from the same reply-to address and I can send multiple emails at once.

Now, if only it would actually download my email reliably every 15 minutes as I've set it up, I'd be a happy camper. No idea why the connections are so flaky.
  14.    #14  
    ok ndropkin - so are you saying that now that I am using a Verizon smtp I should be ok and to just give it a day or 2? Or is there something else I need to setup online?
    Palm 700w
    You don't need to do anything online, unless you set up wireless sync (don't do it). Just to have a VZW smtp server for outgoing mail, you only need to know the server name, your userid and password. Once it's activated, you should be fine. Give it anotehr day.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    How do you setup the VZW smtp server? I think I signed up for the VZW mail, through VZWtext.net ,but what are the settings I need to make on the Treo? I tried the Wireless Sync today, seemed to consume alot of the memory..made my Treo sluggish, until I turned it off.
  17.    #17  
    change your outgoing mail info to smtp.vzwmail.net. it will need changed in 2 places in step 4. in the regulare screen and in the options screen. also cehck the box that saus it requires authentication. of course, i haven't gotten it to work yet, but this is what everyone has told me to try. i am 'waiting' for the smtp stuff to get setup at the Verizon end. if it doesn't work tomorrow, i'll call Verizon again.
    Palm 700w
  18.    #18  
    still no luck for me.
    Palm 700w
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I setup the smtp.vzmail.net as suggested by Wingnut. It appears to work for me, except if I try to send an e-mail to multiple e-mail addresses, get error, cannot download messages. Not efficient, but it will do for now.. I guess I got spoiled when I had my Blackberry...
  20.    #20  
    Well, apparently waiting the 24-28 hours for Verizon did the trick. I am now able to send email from my device. I guess I just needed to wait to Verizon to get ther act together on the smtp side.
    Palm 700w