1.    #1  
    I searched the forum and couldn't find the relevant info. My pop3 email is set up to receive new mail every hour. If I read my mail, the next time it checks the account, the read mail disappears from the inbox. Same thing happens with gmail. That can't be right?! With snapper on the 650, messages stay in the inbox until they are deleted. Any thoughts anyone?
    how it worked on my WM3 device and how it works now on my WM5 Treo. i'm sure you've checked the advanced settings by now. perhaps someone will have more to add.

regards
    I have noticed the same thing and looked everywhere to change a setting. I have a IMAP account and I am assumiung that once the message gets downloaded to my laptop from the server, it gets deleted from my TREO. I have even got a notification that I had 3 unread messages on my Treo but when I went to open them they had disappeared because my laptop had pulled them down!

SnapperMail had the option to retain ghosts (mesages that had been opened on the server) of a message at least for a while. The treo Mail application does not seem to offer that which is a shame because I found it handy to still be able to refer to an email while I was on the road. Maybe SnapperMail will come out with a WM version but I doubt it. Are there any other good email applications for WM5?

Katie
    if you are using IMAP, and the message is in your inbox, it should show up on any email program that is checking that mailbox via IMAP. it should not disappear.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Strange, I have a pop3 account that I use and have not run into this. I have emails that have been read in my inbox from the last couple days.
    When signed onto your account (gmail), at the top right go to "settings" then go to "Forwarding and POP" then in the "POP Download area pick the option you want. Then you should be good to go. I hope!

Wow my first post. I have been viewing this site for about 7 months now and I just signed up a couple days ago. It's amazing how far you can get with just searching. Well anyway hello and thanks to all.
    Last edited by TreoAK; 01/24/2006 at 08:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stozmon
    I searched the forum and couldn't find the relevant info. My pop3 email is set up to receive new mail every hour. If I read my mail, the next time it checks the account, the read mail disappears from the inbox. Same thing happens with gmail. That can't be right?! With snapper on the 650, messages stay in the inbox until they are deleted. Any thoughts anyone?

try this workaround. it worked for me with gmail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=104093

let us know if it worked for your problem-