1.    #1  
    Hello, I'm trying to work on a way to preform a bluetooth hack to allow calling using the touch button on the headet. However I do not have a 700w yet, as I am part of the v710 fallout and have to wait for verizon before I can get my new phone.

1st Can you guys try this app and see if it works properly on the 700w: PHM Regedit

I would post a copy but I do not want to directly be responsible for any malfunctions on ones 700w. You can find it by googling "download PHM Regedit"

My theory is to try a similar hack as they used to get ti to partially work with xv6700.
    PHM Regedit works fine.
    I have installed with no issues.

What hacks?????
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Yeah, I wanna see where this goes. Would be nice to enable voice dialing over BT.
    Probably be best to post the hack and let us report back on the results. If I can just get PHM installed correctly.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Probably be best to post the hack and let us report back on the results. If I can just get PHM installed correctly.
    Ok first let me state that this hack is not my own original idea, as I want to give props where props are due.

Here is the link where I got the idea from:
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=57066

http://www.cngmail.com/BA_WM5_Voice_Dialer.cab
    copy cab to treo 700w
    dbl click cab file and install to main memory (storage card known to cause a cant hang up problem)
    rename sddialer to sddialerold (just incase you change your mind)
    copy voicecmd to windows folder and rename to sddialer
    and your done.
    In the name of science...I'll give it a go....will report back in a half-hour or so.

EDIT: So far...no go...

The link for the .CAB file was no good but the PDAPhoneHome thread has the file attached in a message.

Downloaded, extracted, and installed. After installation, it asked me to do a reset.

Had to do the renaming and copying of files from the 700...kept getting errors when trying to do it through the lappie.

After editing the files per above, I activated Voice COmmand and did another soft reset.

Results:

The Bluetooth icon now does not change color to indicate that you have an active connection. It stays white on blue...but the headset works.

Pushing the action button on my headset (Moto H500) didn't do anything. I could here a little noise in the headset but there was no response to verbal commands nor did the VC icon come up on the 700.

After installing the .CAB file, I have a new entry in settings called Voice Speed Dial, but tapping on it does nothing.

I'm going to see if I can't fool around with it some more over the weekend. Would be nice to get this working!
    Last edited by Big Calhoun; 01/20/2006 at 03:33 PM.
    Hi,

Doesn't work.
    There is no HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VOICECOMMAND\Path to change.
    It's HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\VOICECOMMAND\ResourcePath and it does not point to an executable only a directory.

So not sure what to do but the RegEdit hack is wrong.
    It looks like the way he setup the instructions doesn't require a regedit. At least when I look at the original PDAPhoneHome thread...the purpose of the regedit was to point it to a different file name but it looks like here he had us change the name...avoiding the regedit.

But either way...no go.
    Hi, I'm trying something different.

I know where voicecmd.exe is.
    It's in a different place. You can't change the name since it's in FLASH.
    You can use RegEdit to change the path. THe OEM directory gets put thaere after the cab install.
    I'm modifying it now.
    I'll report back.

tech
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head
    Hi, I'm trying something different.

I know where voicecmd.exe is.
    It's in a different place. You can't change the name since it's in FLASH.
    You can use RegEdit to change the path. THe OEM directory gets put thaere after the cab install.
    I'm modifying it now.
    I'll report back.

tech
    Cool. I ran into the same problem trying to copy and change the name of the file from my laptop. I had to go into Rescoe Explorer on the device and was able to copy it (saved as Copy of Voicecmd.exe) and then I was able to change the name.
    Tried the hack.
    The new value should point to \Windows\voicecmd.exe

It still doesn't work.
    This isn't going to work.
    The closest you can technically get to doing this will be to initiate the Voice Command session using the BT headset's voice dial button, but you still have to use the device microphone and speaker to get through the interaction.
    Hi,

Follow me on this.
    The input to the Voice Command has to come from somewhere and is activated by a button on the handset.
    The Bluetooth stack sends data to/from the headset.
    The button on the headset has to be captured and trapped because you can answer tohe phone.

Now unless the hardware prevents this from happening.
    The BT headset button needs to be translated and sent to the OS as som eother action button.
    Button mapping.

The BT headset data needs to be re-directed to the Voice Command application.

Now, I'd be more than willing to test *AND* buy such an application.

tech
    A small suggestion - as a first step, try to port voice signal, as this DOES work via the bluetooth headset and voice tags. THEN try and get voice command to replace voice signal. One step at a time...

Surur
    Hey,
    No objection. I just would like something that works in the end.
    Any takers?????
    I'm a hardware guy.
    You need an FPGA designed?
    You need an ASIC?
    Network issues?
    Call me.
    You need software? Call another guy 8-(.

tech