1.    #1  
    Anyone having trouble getting eWallet to sync on the 700? I've tried getting it to sync via the ActiveSync as well as SyncPro options, and in both cases all I get are error messages. I can't live without eWallet, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm having no problems syncing Ewallet on my 700w. In fact I successfully sync it between my 700w and two different computers that run the desktop version (home and work). Do other files on the device sync properly? If so, then your best bet is to contact their tech support with the exact error messages. I share your enthusiasm for ewallet - great app.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I just wish ilium would update their programs to work one handed... ewallet and newsbreak... they mostly work without having to touch the screen..
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    From Ilium Software...........

Some WM 5.0 eWallet users have run into trouble using SyncPro to sync their files. The next update to eWallet will contain the fix for this, and we will notify you via email when that is released.

However, we do have a fix available right now, but it only addresses this specific issue.

To use it, first download this file to your desktop PC: http://www.iliumsoft.com/spdwn/eWall...c-PocketPC.zip

Access the file with this username and password:

User: 2QX95
    Pass: AKP024

Next, extract the zip file and copy the files inside to their proper locations:

ewCardSync.DLL -> C:\Program Files\Ilium Software\eWallet

syncstub.EXE -> Use ActiveSync's Explore feature to copy the file to your eWallet program directory on your device, which is usually \My Device\Program Files\eWallet\. If you have installed to a storage card, put the file in \My Device\<storage card directory>\Program Files\eWallet\. If you have a Smartphone device, the Program Files folder may be in the Storage or IPSM directory.

Finally, make sure your sync is set up correctly with these steps:

1. Open the desktop wallet that you wish to sync with.

2. Click on the Synchronize menu

3. Click on Synchronization Setup or Next Action (whichever is available)

4. Choose "PC cards overwrite Device cards" and "Next Synchronization Only" and click Next

5. Click OK and then sync with SyncPro

6. You will see a small box appear on your Pocket PC asking if you want to run 'syncstub.exe'. You must choose 'Yes' or you will not be able to sync and will receive errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_MA
    I'm having no problems syncing Ewallet on my 700w. In fact I successfully sync it between my 700w and two different computers that run the desktop version (home and work). Do other files on the device sync properly? If so, then your best bet is to contact their tech support with the exact error messages. I share your enthusiasm for ewallet - great app.
    Hello,

I am sorry you have been having problems. While the previous instructions are accurate we've actually released a minor patch that should resolve any sync issues you are having. After you've installed eWallet, download this file:

http://www.iliumsoft.com/download/wm...etPC-Setup.exe

and run it while your device is actively connected to your PC. One thing to watch for is that the first time you sync you will get a message on the Treo asking you to authorize the syncstub.exe file. Choose YES when it asks. This will update the synchronization engine.

If you have any problems feel free to drop us a line at support@iliumsoft.com and we'd be happy to help!

Sincerely,

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    info@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com
  6.    #6  
    Hey, thanks for your attentiveness. I eventually solved the problem by uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling eWallet from PC and Treo. Fresh install allowed be to set up a fresh sync partnership with eWallet. I still got the error message when I try to do the manual sync from inside the eWallet desktop on the PC, but I *do* get proper syncing with my wallet when I do the standard "drop the Treo in the cradle" sync. And that's what really matters to me anyway. At least I know whatever changes I make on either the PC or the Treo will be reflected on both devices.