1.    #1  
    Apologies if I've missed this thread - after checking email using Outlook my 700w immediately disconnects from the evdo network. I have to redial/re-connect to check mail in other accounts. Is there a setting that allows one to stay connected? Thanks for your help!!
    i am hearing similar issues like this. i hope tihs EVDO disconnect issue gets fixed ASAP!!! apparently the registry hack doesn't work either and reverts back to the original settings.
    I am having the exact opposite problem, my EVDO will NOT disconnect until I tell it to by clicking on the icon and clicking disconnect. I'm going ot track this thread to see how you make it stay on because maybe that will make it shut off automatically.
    why turn it off?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    POP3 only..(not sure about IMAP) dosnt happen with Exchange Activesync.
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    why turn it off?
    Because it KILLS your battery like a champ.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmicon
    Because it KILLS your battery like a champ.
    Not when its in dormant mode. Should have very little to no effect on bat. life.
    How do you know when it is in dormant mode? Is dormant the white box that says EV or the two arrows pointing in opposite directions with EV above it to the left? Wouldn't it being dormant still drain power, that is kind of liek being on the phone with someone and not talking, just because you are not talking doesn't mean it's going to save battery life.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Two arrows pointing in opposite directions with EV above it to the left.

Maybe someone else can explain why it dosnt use up bat. when in dormant mode?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex View Post
    Two arrows pointing in opposite directions with EV above it to the left.

Maybe someone else can explain why it dosnt use up bat. when in dormant mode?
    ok, so if it's in dormant mode, does that mean you don't get charged by Sprint? Reason being, when it's "dormant" (2 arrows that are shaded out with EV above) and you click the icon, a running counter shows up.....a little clock. i'm curious. or do you have to disconnect all the time to not be charged?
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    ok, so if it's in dormant mode, does that mean you don't get charged by Sprint? Reason being, when it's "dormant" (2 arrows that are shaded out with EV above) and you click the icon, a running counter shows up.....a little clock. i'm curious. or do you have to disconnect all the time to not be charged?
    If you don't have an unlimited data plan, I suggest you get one. You'll be surprised how quickly data charges rack up, especially on a fast Ev-DO connection.

And no, you don't get charged when the connection is dormant. You only get charged when it's actively transfering data. Of course you can solve having to care about that by getting a data plan.
    First read this for the "always-on" hack:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103438

Then read this, trust me:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103573