Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    are you noticing any issues with the unit waking up?? I have goodlink and skype running on the device.. I think one of these are making it slow to wake up.. also.. when I look at the screen, I see its sort-of "awake" but no backlite (need to look really close to see it).. it eventually wakes up and then lets me work normally..

Also, I notice even when its in my pocket (like 30 minutes later) the screen is on without the backlite.. I can hit the EndCall button and it fully goes off.. is this normal? the 650 wasnt like that.. maybe I have something set wrong..
    no waking up whatsoever. goodlink is the only 3rd party app on the device. you might want to ck your backlight settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiz
    I have goodlink.. basically, the current version of Good is not supported on the 700w yet.. it seems right now, with EVDO on, and since Good keeps an open data channel, your battery gets drained VERY quickly (like 4 hours).. its like surfing the internet with EVDO constantly for 4 hours (at least it seems)..

so, if you disable EVDO ( by dialing #*#3836 and hitting enter) you can disable EVDO and only use 1xrtt. It seems that this is less of a drain on the device and the battery lasts closer to a normal amount.

its not a matter of faster vs. slower.. rather the amount of power/battery in general the EVDO radio consumes just constantly being in on-mode in the first place..

oh.. and this is my understanding of this issue.. I am not an expert in this at all.. I just happen to have the 700w (with goodlink) and I am seeing the same symptoms as well as the temporary resolution by turning off EVDO

you are 100% correct. with 1xrtt i still receive my emails instaneously. the upcoming (late feb/early march to the general public) goodlink release for the treo 700 will alleviate/fix this problem.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    jbiz & oalvarez, thanks for the tip about goodlink and disabling EVDO. Might have to try it out. I didn't want to lose EVDO, but I guess I can turn it on when I want to browse the web and keep it off otherwise. Hopefully Good will develop a satisfactory solution.

One question though, with Goodlink 4.7 running, how much memory does it take up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdsig
    jbiz & oalvarez, thanks for the tip about goodlink and disabling EVDO. Might have to try it out. I didn't want to lose EVDO, but I guess I can turn it on when I want to browse the web and keep it off otherwise. Hopefully Good will develop a satisfactory solution.

One question though, with Goodlink 4.7 running, how much memory does it take up?
    ucsdig: i believe that it takes up 3.1mb of ram
    I really liked the 650, but I love the 700w. I enjor Windows much more that Palm. Although Palm has it's pluses in it's own right as well.

Now that I know about disabling EVDO when running Goodlink I think I will like it even more.

I have been so frustrated with the power issue so far.
    So far, an app that supports the speaker phone has crashed. Windows Mediocre player has crashed. It has falsley claimed my user name and password to connect to the internets. I can't connect to ActiveStync by USB or Bluetooth. But it's just my first day with it...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    no waking up whatsoever. goodlink is the only 3rd party app on the device. you might want to ck your backlight settings.
    I think it was skype causing the issue.. and now it wont really uninstall.. guess I need to play with it to get it to remove..
    [QUOTE=ucsdsig]jbiz & oalvarez, thanks for the tip about goodlink and disabling EVDO. Might have to try it out. I didn't want to lose EVDO, but I guess I can turn it on when I want to browse the web and keep it off otherwise. Hopefully Good will develop a satisfactory solution.
    QUOTE]

I would not hold my breath - they still haven't made the Plam version installable to a memory card.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwindsurfer
    So far, an app that supports the speaker phone has crashed. Windows Mediocre player has crashed. It has falsley claimed my user name and password to connect to the internets. I can't connect to ActiveStync by USB or Bluetooth. But it's just my first day with it...
    Have you nade sure you're Tcp/IP bindings are set - go to Start - Control Panel - Network., right click on the newtork Icon and select preferences - then make sure the bindings are all checked.

Also, firewalls such as ZoneAlarm give AS fits...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    Have you nade sure you're Tcp/IP bindings are set - go to Start - Control Panel - Network., right click on the newtork Icon and select preferences - then make sure the bindings are all checked.

Also, firewalls such as ZoneAlarm give AS fits...
    To which problem are you addressing, and on which device are you referring to regarding the Network preferences? I can't get to what you're saying there on either device. There's no control panel on the Treo and I don't have control panel on my Start menu on my notebook and in my control panel, I don't have 'network" but "network connections" and there's not right clicking for preference s on it, only "open" and there's a list of all my network connections.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    ucsdig: i believe that it takes up 3.1mb of ram
    Thanks for the info Wonder if the official version will utilize less memory?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12