1.    #1  
    Okay....many of you know I have been trying to get my corp email to my phone for nearly two years. I found some round about tricks (like Mr Postman) but they require a desktop to always be on and connected to the internet and the hassle of forwarding emails a couple different places to get it finally to my phone.

So, for the last two weeks I have been testing a service I just found that will access virtually any email account that has a web page interface and DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE PHONE!!!!!!!!

This is my new MUST HAVE for everyone with a cell phone with email.

So for the past 2 weeks, I have been accessing my corp MS Exchange email and downloading directly to my phone.....without having to even think about dealing with our IT department (don't get me going on that ).

So now EVERYONE with OWA can now have access to their Corp email, without having fight with IT!!!

The cool thing is that this will work with ANY CELL PHONE that has an email client for POP3 accounts. So it will work on Symbian, BB, Smartphones, WM 03 & 05, Nokia, etc.... If it has internet access and an email client, you can use it to download your email!

It will access:
    OneMail.ToGo reads
    • MS Exchange OWA. That is right get access to your exchange server email through your OWA site and download to your cell pone or wireless PDA WITHOUT having to go through your IT department!
    • Gmail
    • YahooMail
    • Hotmail
    • AOLmail
    • MsnMail
    • ISP/POP Mail
    • Webpages

http://www.onemailtogo.com/_mgxroot/page_10664.html

I would encourage everyone to have this, it has opened up a whole new world for me!

It is called OneMail.togo at http://www.onemailtogo.com/

It is a service that is billed on an annual basis and is as cheap as $2.50 a month! I got the 3 account one which is only around $4 a month.

I don't think I have been this excited about my phone since the day I actually bought it. Check it out....I hope it helps you too!
    This might be the breakthrough I've been looking for. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah, they've had a palmos client for a long time...:

http://www.btx-eznet.com/onemail/

But the problem is that you have to use their 3rd party servers to accees you email which is not a secure way for most enterprise users...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thats just pop3? I'm sorry but I dont see that as being a big deal?

Nowhere near what you get with Exchange Activesync......

I guess the only new part is that they are somehow able to obtain mail from OWA without IT opening up the pop3 port on exchange? (disabled by default on Ex2003)

I dont know....I just dont see whats so cool about this. Except for the hack into OWA a lot of mail services offer this type of functionality for free... gmail, hotmail, yahoo.
  5.    #5  
    It is a huge deal with us with stupid IT departments that don't allow POP3 access, mobile sync with Exchange, iffy VPN connection, etc.... Pulling it from OWA is the only option. But I have only been able to find utilities that had to have a desktop to use it. I needed something to pull it directly to my phone.

I have posted this problem and question several times on this forum and others...and no one pointed this out to me. So, to have access to OWA directly from my phone is a huge deal, for me. I know that when I posted threads during my quest for an answer I found out that there were a lot of people in my same boat.

I hope this helps them out as well.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    LOL... i hope they dont catch ya

They could easily block that service. It blows all the security (SSL which they should have if they are opening up OWA otherwise your u/p for the domain is being transmitted in the clear over the net!!!) out of the water....

Hey... at least you GET OWA! I know of a lot of companies that dont even allow that.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It is a huge deal with us with stupid IT departments that don't allow POP3 access, mobile sync with Exchange, iffy VPN connection, etc.....
    I feel your pain...so tuff to deal with some of "those" people
  8.    #8  
    What lead to this was being directed as a lead to find alternative was to access mobile email for the field. There is another long thread on this project and the IT rules, etc.... This was just one of several possible solutions. I was tasked with finding different ways and to try them out. I just really enjoyed this one alot. This is just one that I thought others could enjoy as well.

But it is not just for OWA. Anyone can use it for your Gmail, free Hotmail, etc....
    This may work for me for a different reason. The PPC mobile client for AOL Mail isn't listed as working on WM5. I would like to get my email from them. Yahoo Mail, I believe I can get on my phone, but not on the PDA alone, so this would work. Although I suppose I could sign in through the browser for both. I think I may try it anyway. I'll test the 3 day trial.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think it is great, however paying another fee is not good. The way I see it is you can already check all those accounts, minus yahoo. Yahoo seems to be the only one with the pop forwarding problem.

The client on the phone checks gmail perfectly, verizon, etc.

I guess the question is, what are the true advantages here? Better handling of attachments? Does it even handle them?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Thats just pop3? I'm sorry but I dont see that as being a big deal?

Nowhere near what you get with Exchange Activesync......

I guess the only new part is that they are somehow able to obtain mail from OWA without IT opening up the pop3 port on exchange? (disabled by default on Ex2003)

I dont know....I just dont see whats so cool about this. Except for the hack into OWA a lot of mail services offer this type of functionality for free... gmail, hotmail, yahoo.
    hobbes - does it allow you to send through OWA?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Must be Crazy could not find the trial Program could not find on the Web site!
    This would be nice, but it won't work for me. My company's enterprise mail for OWA not only requires SSL, but also a personalized PKI digital certificate. So any client that attempts to access our corporate OWA needs to have a personal certificate identifying the individual in addition to username and password and it must be on a secure connection.

Nice idea, but doesn't work for secure environments, because their service has no way of storing and passing the digital certificate to our mail system. That's also the reason that I'm unable to use the beta of Chatter's OWA version (because it can't do anything with the PKI certificate). I asked Marc about it, but he wasn't sure how he would support it...and now development on it has stopped (at least for now). So I'm just out of luck when it comes to this solution.

But thanks anyway... I'm glad it works for some.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I think it is great, however paying another fee is not good. The way I see it is you can already check all those accounts, minus yahoo. Yahoo seems to be the only one with the pop forwarding problem.

The client on the phone checks gmail perfectly, verizon, etc.

I guess the question is, what are the true advantages here? Better handling of attachments? Does it even handle them?

Eric
    If you don't have admin access to OWA, chances are you are not going to be able to check your email. Which was my case, so it proved helpful.

Over the last year I have had a fair shake of PMs or seen postings where people have the free email accounts of some of those listed (with no POP3 account attached) wondering how to get their email without paying or upgrading their account include POP3, this would help in that case as well.
    Looks good. I couldn't find any information on IMAP. It was mentioned once on one of the pages. Does anyone know if it supports IMAP and folders?

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    I would gladly pay for this if it supported IMAP, attachments, and did not do the html to text conversion. Thanks for your efforts Hobbes.
  17.    #17  
    I know some of my co-workers will have some of the similar questions that have been posted here. I just sent an email to find out and will let you know as soon as I get an answer about IMAP and HTML to text option being able to be turned off.
  18.    #18  
    I think they have had a lot attention in the last day or so since I posted their link. He said they have recieved several emails asking the same questions I asked. He just copied and pasted their answer to me I think. Here are some parts of it....boy fast response though. That was a good sign:

IMAP: We are working on the support of IMAP and the tentative time will be two month's time for a soft launch

HTML TO TEXT: Simply put, Simple text will work for all phones on all platform and for all mail clients
    For HTML Text, it will be device and Mail Client dependent.

Stopping HTML conversion is technically simple but it will lead to other issues as how exactly it will display the email due to the wide range of phones that can access our service. For example any cellphone reguardless of the Operating System it is running can access their emails as long as it has a internet connection and email client. And then each Operating System has countless different email clients that would interpret the HTML different potentionally and often time making it unreadable on the client. So this depends how much the Mail Client can interpret the embedded HTML features such as javascript. That will complicate the ongoing support service quality. So at the moment we do not support HTML

I will discuss with our PD Team on this issue again.
    Thank you for your feedback, they are always valuable

SECURITY CONCERNS: First of all, all the email access is done in realtime i.e. we do not keep any archive at all. It is like a proxy server. It just relay info For access control to our service, we only register the email address and that is it.

Secondly, we provide alias for the email address. Therefore, the login credential over the air does not expose any usable info.

In additional to email address alias, the customer can use SSL (port 995) to access the POP3 Service
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/20/2006 at 02:14 AM.