1.    #1  
    Seems they could have just incorporated it into the phone button. Like just hold it down for a couple of seconds like the i730.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    when you're in a call press the right 'do anything contextual button' and the top option is Speakerphone.
    hit menu and i think it's the first option.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    hit menu and i think it's the first option.
    Not there. So do you have to be in a call before it will work? Can't you turn it on and then dial?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Are you sure you can't just press and hold the green phone button until the speakerphone comes on? It works that way on every other PPC phone...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Are you sure you can't just press and hold the green phone button until the speakerphone comes on? It works that way on every other PPC phone...
    No, poor design. That just takes you straight to redial of last number.
    Speakerphone info should have been in the manual. Maybe look through it and see?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Did anyone even get a full manual? I got the quick reference manual and then a CD to preview for everything else and it sucks.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Speakerphone info should have been in the manual. Maybe look through it and see?
    For those of you still learning your phone, try this link and download the manual (that came with your phone) in a format (pdf) you can view on your phone (using picsel). Go to page 44 and see what you can do while in an active phone call. You can even read the manual during the call!
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjayd
    Not there. So do you have to be in a call before it will work? Can't you turn it on and then dial?
    Yes you do have to be in a call to bring up the speakerphone. Once you are in a inbound or outbound call, when you press menu, it is the first option.
    Manual, smanual....just hit buttons! At least the 'ignore' function works by pressing the end call button during an incoming call. The speakerphone you can activate without even looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Did anyone even get a full manual? I got the quick reference manual and then a CD to preview for everything else and it sucks.

Eric
    ...and the cd didn't work for the first week +. It basically linked you to their website which was non-operational. Not sure if that has changed yet.
    I can't beleive they include a quick summary and don't include the comprehensive manual. LAME.

It took me several days before I stumbled across the speakerphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric

Eric
    Now you have to download the full manual, huh(looking at Kupe's post)? I guess printed manuals are becoming obsolete? I have seen this with other products, short and sweet manuals and you need to figure some stuff yourself.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!