1. jom
    Hello

On my old PDA there was always a function to hold a button and take voice notes. In the manual for the 700w (from Verizon) I got with the phone it says the Side button supposedly has this function. Well, when I hold the Side button Windows Media starts. I tried changing it with the "Buttons" tool all I could do is start the Notes program....

I dug out my IPAQ PDA which uses MS 2002 (or 2003?) version of the Pocket PC system software. I opened the "Buttons" program and it has a menu choice of "recording" whereas the list in the "Buttons" program on my Treo does not. Anyone possibly know how I can add this to the choices? Or possibly where to go on the net to get this info.

No one seems to have any answers in other places I've asked....I'm a bit desparate at that point.

jom
    Quote Originally Posted by jom
    Hello

On my old PDA there was always a function to hold a button and take voice notes. In the manual for the 700w (from Verizon) I got with the phone it says the Side button supposedly has this function. Well, when I hold the Side button Windows Media starts. I tried changing it with the "Buttons" tool all I could do is start the Notes program....

I dug out my IPAQ PDA which uses MS 2002 (or 2003?) version of the Pocket PC system software. I opened the "Buttons" program and it has a menu choice of "recording" whereas the list in the "Buttons" program on my Treo does not. Anyone possibly know how I can add this to the choices? Or possibly where to go on the net to get this info.

No one seems to have any answers in other places I've asked....I'm a bit desparate at that point.

jom
    I miss this functionality from my cheapo LG4400 phone. As near as I can tell, you have to go into the Notes application and then hit the option button to turn on recording notes function.
  3. jom
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I miss this functionality from my cheapo LG4400 phone. As near as I can tell, you have to go into the Notes application and then hit the option button to turn on recording notes function.
    So it seems but that is just worthless, IMO. There has got to be a way to do this if the earlier versions of the OS had that as a choice in the "Buttons" program.

Where else can I ask this kind of question? Possibly some WM forum???

Help!

jom
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    What about this?
    Vito
  5. jom
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    What about this?
    Vito
    Thanks...I'll look into it. The only shortcoming I can see here is that it isn't a Outlook Note you are taking when you record....hence an easy sync to my desktop.

But it still bugs me something this simple was taken out of the OS. Again, the Verizon manual itself mentions that the "side" button is nominally set to one step recording. Why it was set to Windows media (default) and it NOT having a way to change it back is beyond me.

Does anyone think Verizon could help with this?

jom
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I doubt Verizon will be any help to you on this. Only probably Palm if they do some sort of update.
    any updates?
    1)Can voice notes be emailed? can they be sent via wifi?
    2) Can .wav files be heard on the 700w through a BT headset?
    Try this (yep, there's a voice recorder in there as well as a call recorder):

http://1800message.com/about.aspx

It's in pretty early development but is working pretty well on my 6700. Here's a thread on pdaphonehome with a lot of detail about our user experiences:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65042

I'd be curious whether it runs in 240 x 240 or not. Don't be confused by the less-than-clear description--PMRecorder runs on Smartphone and WM5. It also seems PMVault will provide a web-based threaded SMS view from archived messages. Not ideal, but a step in the right direction.

Todd/Indy