1.    #1  
    This may seem like a dumb question, but is java preloaded with the WM browser on the Treo 700w? If not, how do I go about doing so. If it is, why can't I load java-requiring sites?

Thanks in advance!
    I think you mean javascript, not java...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think he meant java, and most smartphone browsers can't handle java applets in web pages.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I think he meant java, and most smartphone browsers can't handle java applets in web pages.

Well, the question was....

If it is, why can't I load java-requiring sites?
    Thus I assumed this was referring to javascript support in the browser...

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $run$ $full$ $java$ $applets$ $on$ $WM$ $or$ $PalmOS$. $You$ $can$ $run$ $midlet$ $though$ $via$ $java$ $plugin$ $on$ $palmos$...$not$ $sure$ $about$ $WM$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Somebody try the Opera 8.5 beta on the 700w. It works and runs javascript on my PPC-6700.

Todd/Indy
    Woah now,

I'd like to know if the treo can run Java midlets. It's listed on the specs of the PPC-6700 as being able to run MIDP 2.0, but I don't see it anywhere for 700w.

anyone know?