Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hey guys lets make a list of the programs that you are running on your 700w's to give us noobs an idea of what we can do. 3rd party apps, hacks, etc... Thanks.
    I use the following:
    Acrobat Reader
    AIM
    ListPro
    PHM RegEdit
    Splash ID
    Splash Photo
    Sprite Backup
    Tweaks2K2
    Vidya Task Manager
    XCPUScalar
    Zagat To Go
    Picsel PDF Viewer
    Code Wallet Pro
    IM+
    Vito Task Switcher
    Pocket Weather
    Pocket Informant
    Resco File Explorer w/ Registry and FTP addons
    MemMaid
    codewallet pro
    pocket quicken
    siriuCE
    xcpuscalar
    memmaid
    phatnotes
    phm regedit
    pocket informant
    psshutxp
    spb pocket pc tips and tricks
    sprite backup
    tcpmp
    wmirc
    Where did you all install MemMaid, Sprite, Resco and Tweaks? On the device or card? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Device for me. All apps of that type go on the device.
    It is embarrassing how many apps I have installed and running on my Treo 700w already. This list is smaller than the one I had for my Palm device.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3am Labs Remote Control
    All Mobile Mines
    Apsoft Systems apMemo
    Astraware Cubis
    Astraware Sudoku 1.2
    Audible - Inc. AudiblePlayer
    Avantgarde Digital Backgammon
    Birdsoft HandOCrazy8s
    C. Ghisler & Co. Total Commander
    DDH SW HanDBase and Forms for Pocket PC
    DinarSoft MemMaid 1.44 (not fully 240X240 compatible but works)
    DinarSoft TapText (not fully 240X240 compatible but works)
    DoubleBit Software Pocket TV Browser
    Flatfish TOMBO
    GarishKernels Egress 2.4.0
    GreenSoftware GSFinder+
    GreenSoftware GS Pocket Magic
    GreenSoftware GSPlayer
    Laridian PocketBible
    Micaceler Pocket Bornes (not fully 240X240 compatible but works)
    Micaceler Pocket Mancala (not fully 240X240 compatible but works)
    Mapopolis.com Mapopolis
    Microsoft Remote Display Control
    Morawietz Smart Mahjongg
    Mort's MortSaver
    Olive Tree Bible Software
    Paragon Software one for all Solitaires
    PHM Registry Editor
    portalPPC +Startpage 2.0
    SbpTime
    SEVEN PPC Client
    SBSH Pocket Weather 1.2
    SBSH.net PocketBreeze 5.0
    Sprite Backup (Beta)
    Tlogi Solutions SpreadEm 1.2
    VidaOne MyPersonalDiet (beta for Treo 700w)
    Wei's Soft SoftReset
    WESTTEK Clearvue PDF Viewer
    WESTTEK ClearVue Presentation
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I displaced these
    DinarSoft HandyLauncher 3.2
    DinarSoft HandyMenu 3.5
    DinarSoft HandySwitcher 2.5
    with GSPocket Magic

----------------------------------------------------------

I install anything that must be available even if I switch cards (to play a movie or listen to some music) on the device. This includes task managers and Today screen plug-ins. Everything else goes to the card - including MemMaid. I maintain a HandBase DB to record where I install everything.
    Last edited by Beryl; 01/19/2006 at 11:36 AM.
    I have installed many of the programs noted by others. The two that I have that have not been noted are: Pocket Streamer (streams television shows, including live broadcasts of Miami's channel 7) and Worldmate Pro. I have experimented with installing programs directly to the Treo (not through active sync) and so far that has worked very well.
    How are you all using Sprite? All I keep seeing on their site is it won't work with WM5. Where's that beta version you mentioned Beryl, please? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    What version of PB are you using? Does it work with one handed support?
    Dang, I feel inadequate:

All I have going on right now is TomTom, Rescoe Explorer, and Cabinstall. I've either not had success with other installs or just decided to wait it out for the WM5 versions.
    LadyTreo,
    I'll have to search for the Sprite beta later. I think I found the link on howardforums though. It works rather well -- 200% faster than it did on my XV6600. It is not executable but I keep the cab file in in Storage in case a hard reset becomes necessary. (I registered full Sprite last year.)

Calhoun,
    What trouble have you had with installs? I've been using PPCs now for a year so that is why I've accumulated a lot of software and slowly adding them to this device. Many of my apps were equivalents to my Palm apps and I had over 60 apps accumulated since 1997.
    can anyone recommend a good security program where I can send an SMS to the phone and it will remote wipe everything? I used pda defense for my palms.

also looking for a good encryption program for credit cards, etc. I've used cloak and passwords plus for my palms.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    What version of PB are you using? Does it work with one handed support?
    PB?

Pocketbible 2.034 is not fully one handed. You can scroll down in a chapter and change chapters one handed but that is it.

Pocketbreeze 5.0.01 is pretty one handed but not enough, IMO. You can change tabs and scroll only.

I figure that developers will update their apps as they did in the Palm world when as the Treo became popular.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    for gspocket magic , what cab file should I use. They have three different xscale versions. If I remember correctly they are e, d and f. Does anyone know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Calhoun,
    What trouble have you had with installs? I've been using PPCs now for a year so that is why I've accumulated a lot of software and slowly adding them to this device. Many of my apps were equivalents to my Palm apps and I had over 60 apps accumulated since 1997.
    I shouldn't say 'troubles'. Actually, the only install I am actually having a problem completing is with the PHM registry editor. Everything else has been installing OK but just running into apps whose screens don't reformat or apps that generate a GWES.exe error.
    Gotta admit -- I didn't "install" PHM Registry Editor. I just put the executable in a folder and created a shortcut in a folder under Programs. It works just fine.

Yell if you run into any trouble with apps I listed above. With the noted exceptions, they are all working fine on the 240X240 screen.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How are you all using Sprite? All I keep seeing on their site is it won't work with WM5. Where's that beta version you mentioned Beryl, please? Thanks!
    You can find it the following link, Lady:

http://www.spritesoftware.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1836
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    for gspocket magic , what cab file should I use. They have three different xscale versions. If I remember correctly they are e, d and f. Does anyone know.
    e - english

(I had to have the webpage translated via Google to see that.)
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    wow the most obvious answer and it never came to me. Thanks. Also any way you can setup your most used apps to remain on the menu pulldown all the time?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast