Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The built-in and task managers do the most recent but not the most used. You can
    1. add them to the start menu (Settings - Personal - Menu)
    2. use one of the cascading task managers
    Reorganize your Program shortcuts with folders and either leave them in the main folder or put them in a specific folder which will show up first (e.g. Apps)
    3. add your favorite apps to one of the many launchers available
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good soft reset program? Not looking for a full feature program, just something that will handle soft resets. Thanks.
    Wei's Softreset

Search the usual places for others.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Wei's Softreset

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    You can find it the following link, Lady:

http://www.spritesoftware.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1836
    Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Wei's Softreset

Have you tried this on your 700w? The site doesn't say anything about it supporting WM5.
    Pocket Informant latest version (Shoddy 5 way support)
    Innosoft Cash Organizer Premium 05 (No 5 way support)
    Magic Button task closer (Slightly buggy but works pretty much as advertised, It doesn't slow the device down and doesn't cause any problems, You have to restart it randomly sometimes)
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Have you tried this on your 700w? The site doesn't say anything about it supporting WM5.
    Well, yes. (It is in my long list above. ) There are probably a half dozen soft reset programs out there and rarely are they updated for the various releases of WM. They aren't that complicated. Just pick any one of them.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone feel like SPB Pocket Pluss is hogging memory? Anyone have a good alternative?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where we can find Treo 700w freeware?
    Anyone know of a good uninstaller? Or is the one on the device good enough? I think I may install MemMaid on my device instead of the card. It's on the card now(the trial), but if I can do a clean uninstall, I'll put it on the device.

But is there any real problem running MemMaid off the card? I may just leave it on there if it will still run efficiently.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Has anyone found a device locking / security app like 1-Pass that works on the Treo 700w yet?

1-Pass is a great application but there is no version compatible with the 700... emailed Omega One about it and they said they would consider it for development.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The apps listed below are my standard apps that ran on the i730, KJAM, XV6700 and now the 700. These do not cause hard resets or random soft resets. Once an app starts doing that, I uninstall it immediately.

Installed on Device - Today Screen
    SBSH PocketWeather 1.2.2
    SBSH PocketBreeze 5.0.2

Installed on Device
    SetSecurity
    Reset
    Sprite BU 2005 Beta
    Resco Explorer 2005 5.3.1
    Handmark Express 2.0 - square screen version beta
    SplashID 3.32
    Mobile Time Sync 2
    Storm Chaser 1.1.1 - will not initiate internet access on WM5
    SkTools 2.3.16
    GPSDash 2.51
    Total Commander
    WiFi Companion - for Socket WiFi SD card support
    DinarSoft HandyLauncher 3.3

Installed on SD Card
    Pocket Stars 5
    Sloved SP-EN Gold Dictionary
    Championship Hearts
    IntelliChess
    Solitares for PPC
    Astraware Sudoku 1.2.0

After a soft reset I have about 10MB of Program Memory available and 30MB of Storage Memory.

Frank
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Those of you running sprite beta which version did you download from the site? VGA or Non VGA? Sorry a noob question I know. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Also where did you find phm regedit? The link on one of the forums did not work for me. Thanks.
    Last edited by blile; 01/21/2006 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Wrong program referenced
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone running a program that allows you to toggle the memory usage from storage to program? Is there such?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    For Sprite BU, use VGA for devices with 640x480 screens like the Jasjar and non-VGA for everything else like the 700w

I would Google for phm regedit.

No, you cannot share memory between Storage and Program. Storage is flash ROM, Program is RAM and are used differently.

Frank
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thanks Frank.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I install anything that must be available even if I switch cards (to play a movie or listen to some music) on the device. This includes task managers and Today screen plug-ins. Everything else goes to the card - including MemMaid. I maintain a HandBase DB to record where I install everything.
    Beryl, I think I may install MemMaid on the device. It's on the card now. Is it OK to use the built-in uninstaller? I simply cannot find a good 3rd party uninstaller.

Lady,

I don't know about the MemMaid uninstaller since I've never used it. I just use the built-in "Remove". I only use MemMaid for cleanup, redirecting IE cache, and information.

There are cleanup options on MemMaid that I can't get to because of the square screen. I emailed Dinarsoft on all of their products and they committed to fixing them. However, I hear that others did the same MONTHS ago and they made the same claim then.

I don't know what to think.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast