1.    #1  
    can someone please help me find out how to configure the 700w email client to work with owa? its kiling me!

thanks
    I am working on this for my work as we speak.....I should be able to post a solution for your in the next couple days. Hang tight!
    I worked on this issue all day today, and finally was able to get this to work. The issue on my end was allowing windows authentication on my virtual OMA directory in IIS. The real answer to this issue is that without being a system administrator and having access to both Exchange system manager and IIS you will not be able to effectively troubleshoot the issue.

If you currently are using OWA via SSL you are most of the way there.

I actually came to a solution by working through each of the error codes, then making the changes in IIS. It involved not having ssl required by the exchange virtual directory, and requiring the OMA virtual directory to use both basic authentication and windows authentication.

This blog posting has all the error codes and possible fixes.
    http://blog.flaphead.dns2go.com/arch...1/21/3202.aspx

Microsoft has several knowledge base articles that are relevant. Do searches on the error code you get in google and they will come up.

The last thing to remember is that there is no simple solution. Exchange deployments vary so greatly that no one troubleshooting step is going to help you. The bottom line is that this process is not nearly as simple as it is made out to be (much to my frustration).

young_98_98
    www.pinstripeco.com
    www.treoportal.com
  4.    #4  
    so do we know whether with OWA you get synced calendar and tasks as well. this would be priceless. please do keep me posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    so do we know whether with OWA you get synced calendar and tasks as well. this would be priceless. please do keep me posted.
    Yes, with the current version of ActiveSync for Exchange your Calendar, Contacts, E-mail, and Tasks can be setup to sync over the air.

A few things to rememeber:

1)Your Exchange account will need to be activated to allow for wireless syncing
    2)You will need to make sure that your OWA is setup for SSL

I myself do not use it as I find GoodLink to be much better. But the Exchange solution is a good solution if you do not have access to GoodLink
    Quote Originally Posted by wwilson
    Yes, with the current version of ActiveSync for Exchange your Calendar, Contacts, E-mail, and Tasks can be setup to sync over the air.
    Unfortuantely Tasks will not sync over the air unless you have SP2 installed on the Exchange server.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    OWA and Exchange Activesync are two different things. Be careful not to confuse the two.
  8.    #8  
    so does OWA sync calendars? or just exchange active sync?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    OWA (Outlook Web Access) is a way to get to your Exchange mailbox from a web browser. There is an option of OWA to enable this browser interface to work better on mobile devices. It does not support syncing anything to your device.

Exchange Activesync is what you use to sync your device to your Exchange mailbox.
    Hobbes,
    If you can get this to work ... I'll bite the bullet again. I had one and returned it because I couldn't get access to my work mail. Our IT department has wireless turned off for everybody, so the only way to get that e-mail is via OWA right now. Please keep us informed and THANKS for the effort.
    Prior to getting my Treo 700w, I was fooling around with a program called "OWA for PDA". The license is under $200 per server and it works pretty good! This is great if your external users has a mixture of differing PDA OSes like BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, or Palm OS.

The trial version does not allow you to compose or reply to a message. Try it out ... it isn't bad!

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neospazzy
    Prior to getting my Treo 700w, I was fooling around with a program called "OWA for PDA
    This is an option in Exchange 2003.. its a checkbox your admin can select to enable (disabled by default even if you have OWA enabled). It allows cell phone/pda formatting for OWA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neospazzy
    Prior to getting my Treo 700w, I was fooling around with a program called "OWA for PDA". The license is under $200 per server and it works pretty good! This is great if your external users has a mixture of differing PDA OSes like BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, or Palm OS.

The trial version does not allow you to compose or reply to a message. Try it out ... it isn't bad!

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp
    I found a cheaper one for only about $2.50 a month. Check it out:

Download OWA, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc....DIRECTLY TO YOUR PHONE!!!