1.    #1  
    is there a way to manually change the font color to your liking and also the top & bottom menu bar color? any know of a program that can do this
    You need a new theme to change the color of the bars, I believe. Also I think a registry hack can change the font color. A new theme will change both for you, from what I've seen. Unless you need a specific color for the font that doesn't come in the theme, then you'll have to do the registry hack.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Wisbar Advance.
    How stable is the WM5 beta version?

But in another post, didn't you say Wisbar doesn't work on 240x240? I found your post on Lakeridge where you said it hangs the screen and you have to reset.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/18/2006 at 05:48 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It did hang my screen on two occasions. The developer suggested I try the latest version since another Treo 700w user didn't have the problem. I did and it didn't hang my screen. I think it might have been a conflict with a program that I ran prior to it without resetting first. I LOVE Wisbar's skinning but I'm not using it right now because
    (1) it is not one-handed (except the cascading menus). All of the nifty icons on the top bar can't be accessed without a stylus.
    (2) it has a pretty hefty footprint as compared to alternatives (e.g. GSPocket Magic & SmallMenu Plus)
    I'll update my post with this information.
    Changing colors of items in Windows Mobile 5 is handled by a theme manager or theme maker application. These apps usually run on your PC and allow you to build a TSK theme file which you then install via ActiveSync to My Documents folder and activate from the Today screen preferences.
    Use tweak2k2 or cetuner, both have the trial version.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  8.    #8  
    THANKS & happy belated birthday to you LADY TREO ...

i know microsoft had a program to edit & creat themes for pocket pc...does microsoft have theme manager program for wm5 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by djvision
    THANKS & happy belated birthday to you LADY TREO ...

i know microsoft had a program to edit & creat themes for pocket pc...does microsoft have theme manager program for wm5 yet?
    Finding a wm5 compatible theme maker app is my problem. I have the BVRP theme maker app, but it hasn't been updated for wm5 yet. The themes I have already created don't seem to apply to the upper taskbar and lower system bar colors. In the meantime, I just selected the builit-in "Indigo" there, and set the today page background to a jpeg that is a solid color of blue. I actually like it quite a bit, since it makes the white font on the today page really stand out. Great contrast for readability, and I like the color blue anyways....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Have they made any of the programs listed above compatible with WM5?
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    ThemeMaker X has an option for Windows mobile square 240.
    The directions (non-existant) and help sections aren't very good, but through about an hour of trial and error you can figure out most of the functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Wisbar Advance 2 works on the Treo 700w. So does Pocket Breeze 5. With Wisbar Advance 2, there are default skins and user-community provided skins that let you change the appearance of both the top and bottom bar.

Hope this helps. Here's my Today screen with WA2 and PocketBreeze 5 and a free user community designed skin (for WA2).
    Check out www.pocketpctweaks.com for color mods, etc.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzeldude
    Wisbar Advance 2 works on the Treo 700w. So does Pocket Breeze 5. With Wisbar Advance 2, there are default skins and user-community provided skins that let you change the appearance of both the top and bottom bar.

Hope this helps. Here's my Today screen with WA2 and PocketBreeze 5 and a free user community designed skin (for WA2).
    That is a nice looking screen!