1.    #1  
    All the bugs worry me. What about these programs? Will they work in place of AS? Did anyone ever use these as an alternative to AS? Thanks!

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=49658&R=49658

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=42978&R=42978

The 2nd one didn't say anything about WM5 compatability, however. I probably won't use that one, but these are types of replacement sync programs I'm looking for.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #2  
    I did a sync today and it looked like there might be some missing files, not sure. Looks like I lost the "Favorites" I was supposed to have synced. Other than that, neither the computer or the device crashed like others reported, so I guess that's good. But no one has used an alternative sync program? Although I got a letter back from XTND saying AS was still needed anyway just so my devices can be indentified. Maybe it isn't worth it to get another sync program. What do you all think?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Good question. According to this issue of Pocket PC magazine version 4.0 of Active Sync had major problems as well. SPB weather only downloads weather data with a beta version. They say data synching with WM5 is complicated. The 4.1 version appears to have massive bugs causing lots of crashes for me.

The top rated synch software according to Pocket PC mag is Intellisync. Best software 2005
    Intellisync-Handheld-Edition/For-Individuals
    But it does not appear to synch file folders like Activesync and won't automatically enable you to have internet access the way activesync does. Right now I don't have my bluetooth network set up correctly to be able to use Dun through it without Activesync