1.    #1  
    does anyone know if it can be done or is thier an app that can do it? Not that I have tons or memory to spare LOL. but I have an AUtoPC in one of my cars and it runs Windows CE and has voice recognition GPS navigation and connects to my email server and reads as well as composes email and sends it.
    Last edited by eriq35; 01/17/2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: searched and found answer after a while
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have both and I would definitely recommend the Socket Go WiFi E300. It is much smaller and as you say the software is nicer. You do need to go the Socket web site and download the latest WM5 drivers. The Spectec card also works fine with the latest drivers for it. I found the Palm card to be the least desirable of the three and perhaps one time out of three I would get an "Unrecognized card" when I inserted it. Re-insertion usually worked but it was still somewhat of a pain.

Frank
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    I found the Palm card to be the least desirable of the three and perhaps one time out of three I would get an "Unrecognized card" when I inserted it. Re-insertion usually worked but it was still somewhat of a pain.
    Ironic isn't it? The reason you are getting those errors is because the WiFi card thinks it is in a Treo 650 since it looks very similar. Once it recognizes that it is in a 700w, then it recognizes that it can work in the device and not pi$$ off Palm and Verizon Wireless.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Ironic isn't it? The reason you are getting those errors is because the WiFi card thinks it is in a Treo 650 since it looks very similar. Once it recognizes that it is in a 700w, then it recognizes that it can work in the device and not pi$$ off Palm and Verizon Wireless.
    Yes it is kind of crazy. The other thing that Socket does is install a .lnk file that executes on device startup that looks for the card insertion. I am sure that helps a lot toward getting it going. Also with both the Socket and Spectec you can use WiFi and make/receive calls at the same time. Wonder if VZ knows about that? Don't know if the Palm card will do that too because I quit messing with it.

Frank