1.    #1  
    Does anyone understand what the different wireless sync components are that appeared on my treo when I installed Verizon's Wireless Sync? I see that there is "Sync" and "SyncXpress", and that I can configure which items I would like to sync with each of these. What's the difference? They both appear to offer the same options, so I do I need to use both? Also, I see that I can enable "Push" or "ReadySync". Again what's the difference? I have also noticed that I cannot receive phone calls when the Treo is syncing over a 1x network. This is somewhat annoying as I seem to frequently miss calls as the device frequently syncs. Does anyone else expierience this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell, Sync and SyncXpress do indeed have the same options; my best guess for the awkward naming convention is that Verizon is trying to suggest why one might want to have two sync profiles - setting up a timesaving "barebones" sync. I use it on the Boston subway for quick email-only syncs when we dip above ground for a half minute

ReadySync is simply a timed sync (every X minutes), whereas Push will initiate a sync whenever there is something new on the Exchange server that the PC monitor is watching.

The behavior of incoming calls on a 1x connection you describe is normal (and applies to Verizon 1x connections with any device, not just the 700w). EVDO doesn't have this problem, but if you don't have EVDO coverage, you may want to sync a bit less often, and/or do a barebones sync most of the time.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    A clarification to my previous post: I neglected to mention that ReadySync is initiated by your phone, whereas Push is initiated by the wireless sync server. It may not make much practical difference but I wanted to mention it for the sake of completeness.