Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    Once you see the theme in the list, select it and then hit OK. To use the black background (or other color), go back to the appearance tab and select the checkbox next to "Use this picture...", browse, select background and then press OK. You should see the dark gray/black theme with the plain black background.

If you just unzip the .tsk file and copy it to My Doc, then the theme is the same with a black background with lightning bolts in it.
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have copied over the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk file and Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk Folder to My Documents. I then open the Today preferences and see the name "Spb Black47 Ext qVGA" in the list with the other 3 themes. I select the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA theme and click ok. The theme is still blue. The theme should be gray/black right?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have copied over the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk file and Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk Folder to My Documents. I then open the Today preferences and see the name "Spb Black47 Ext qVGA" in the list with the other 3 themes. I select the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA theme and click ok. The theme is still blue. The theme should be gray/black right?
    Sounds right to me. Uh-oh, perhaps you need to do a soft-reset. Remove the .tsk file from the Spb folder and place it in the root of My Documents. I don't have such a folder.
    http://www.thememaker.biz/
    http://www.wmthemes.com/
    Note to Windows Mobile 5 users:

Windows Mobile 5 devices will not display themes designed for older devices in the same way. The images will display and all colors, other than the Navigation Bar (Title Bar) and Command Bar colors, will display properly.

Currently there is no know way to set the Navigation Bar and Command Bar colors for WM 5 devices. The OS uses the main image to calculate a base color that it uses to automatically set the colors for the Navigation and Command Bars.
    A better tool specific for WM5 is coming soon.
    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...r=asc&start=10

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I thought the ones on MS website would not work because they are not for 240x240?
    I was wrong, but I didn't realize it. They all work, but the bottom 1/5 of the theme can't be seen.

edited to add- my treo was crawling, even the program list took 2 secs to drop down. once I removed the incorrectly sized microsoft today screens everything went back to normal
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 01/19/2006 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added more stuff
    I also am failing to get the top and bottom bars dark grey with the SPB tsk theme? Black background is fine, but applying the SPB theme doesn't seem to change anything.. I've soft resetted.. what else?
    I don't know what else to tell you. It's been working great for me. Sorry.

Last edited by JesseNYC; 01/23/2006 at 10:52 AM.
    please.. pretty please document exactly what you did? I have a single TSK file, I've placed it in My Documents and I've tried \Windows. Specifying it in the System Settings - Today. Then resetting.
    Give me about 30 minutes. I will delete my setup, reinstall and document it. Gotta pick up my lunch first!
    I have the same issues. The weird thing is I recently installed SPB Pocket Plus which includes alot of there themes and they all work. When I try to install one that i downloaded (like the Black one JesseNYC uploaded) nothing happens. I do the same by copying the .tsk file to the my documents and reset. It installs as if its working, but never shows up in the list or take effect.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Before I started, I changed the theme to Guava and then deleted the spb Black47 theme.

On PC Desktop:

Download the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.zip file from my 1/18 TC posting and saved to my Desktop.
    Extracted the enclosed file Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk.
    Connected 700W via sync cable waited for Explore option to be available.
    Click Explore, navigate to My Windows Mobile-Based Device -> My Documents
    Drag Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk to the above location
    Disconnected 700W from cable

On 700W:
    Select Menu ->Preferences -> Today Settings -> Appearance
    Select Spb Black47 Ext qVGA from the list and then select the check box, then Browse.
    Add the black background from the earlier TC post. (I downloaded and then modified that background to show the Mercerdes-McLaren F1 team logo and stored it on my Storage card in a My Documents folder) Selecting your background image brings you back to the Settings page.
    Select OK.

Now for me it looks like this. Don't like the Start menu font color.

To make it look like this, I change the font color to white via the registry colors change hack using Tweaks2K2. I believe there is a post on how to do this without this app in the Hacks thread.

Voila!
    It worked. Thanks for the help. I am still not sure why it really never took. Per your instructions, I copied over the tsk file to the My Documents folder.
    Brian McGuire
    Great!
    Still not working for me The black background applies, I have black start menu WITH WHITE text, but my start bar and bottom status bar remain the color from the last Theme. crud.
    I am having the same problem the top and bottom didnt change. it is really frustrating. I select that theme, and it does nothing. I have the background and it is in my docs. anyone who gets this working let us know what the final resolution was. thanks.
    Thanks for posting the files though too.
    I know this is simplistic. After reading this post and having difficulty getting my background to work I took a picture of a black piece of paper and installed it as a photo background. It works great for me.
    Just a little shortcut for those who are not always carrying around their synch stuff. You can download and just email yourself the file, check email on phone, save file where he says, and proceed that way too. I've emailed myself several files, to include executable (installation) files and worked great.

Eric

Before I started, I changed the theme to Guava and then deleted the spb Black47 theme.

On PC Desktop:

Download the Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.zip file from my 1/18 TC posting and saved to my Desktop.
    Extracted the enclosed file Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk.
    Connected 700W via sync cable waited for Explore option to be available.
    Click Explore, navigate to My Windows Mobile-Based Device -> My Documents
    Drag Spb Black47 Ext qVGA.tsk to the above location
    Disconnected 700W from cable

On 700W:
    Select Menu ->Preferences -> Today Settings -> Appearance
    Select Spb Black47 Ext qVGA from the list and then select the check box, then Browse.
    Add the black background from the earlier TC post. (I downloaded and then modified that background to show the Mercerdes-McLaren F1 team logo and stored it on my Storage card in a My Documents folder) Selecting your background image brings you back to the Settings page.
    Select OK.

Now for me it looks like this. Don't like the Start menu font color.

To make it look like this, I change the font color to white via the registry colors change hack using Tweaks2K2. I believe there is a post on how to do this without this app in the Hacks thread.

Voila!
    very strange. i'm doing exactly as described and my bars also arent changing colors
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Can you guys add some screen shots so we can all get some ideas?
    I bet it is some display setting that some of us have flipped... there's so many confounded settings and littered throughout the frackin device!
    I

What is the application you use that is at the bottom of the screen with the small icons to launch those apps?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast