Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how do send group SMS/Email's? Is there a way to set up groups, or to simply send sms/emails to large groups? In my previous PPC you could simply select a large number of contacts by "click and drag," then select send SMS/Email to all of the selected contacts. This seems to be disabled on the 700w. I need a way to send messages to large numbers of contacts at the same time. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!
    There is a freeware app for this on palmos...sorry I dunno about WM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    There is a freeware app for this on palmos...sorry I dunno about WM.
    What program are you talking about? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    What program are you talking about? Thanks.

It's called GroupText Messaging:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...pTextMessaging

However like I said, it only for palmos. Although I'm sure there are WM alternatives for this as well...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    well i know this isn't exactly what u want but when i want to send to a group i just start composing the text/email and just start typing the names in the "to" field. obviously u need to know who you want to send it to and it's not as easy as just going down your contact list.

at least it CAN email/text multiple people. my blackberry never could, kinda annoying
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Maybe someone can come up with a hack that will allow you to "tap and drag" to select the contacts you want. In other built in apps you can do this such as file explorer. Why cant we do that in contacts?

Thanks for your input!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    No one with any ideas huh?
    <moved>

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone else have a strategy for this? How about usin Styletap to run a group text program from Palm OS? I tried to run one group text program from POS and it couldent find my contacts list. Anyone else wanna take a stab at this?

Im not the only one who wishes there was a group text program am I?
    Beryl, how do you do it with SMS, I dont want to use email?
    shmully,
    I don't know how to do it w/SMS.
    So does anyone know how to send out a group SMS??
    SMS Cool ! ($9.95) enables blast SMS from a PC connected to your Treo 700w.

http://microsoft.handango.com/Platfo...roductId=93432
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    Im not the only one who wishes there was a group text program am I?
    No you're not. I need one too. I'm currently using a service at ipipi.com, but they are not very reliable and most internet solutions are asking you buy a 5 digit shortcode which starts at $500/month. And ipipi.com charges about 10 cents / sms.

I need to send coupons to about 240 people who asked to receive such coupons. Rather than start a new thread I searched to find out what is out there already. "Grouptextmessaing", an unsupported year old app by palm which doesn't save sent messages in the sent folder. Sms Cool says it only works on "phone edition", but lists Axim x30, x3 as compatible. Are those pda's really running "phone edition"?

Anyway, if Sms Cool works, then I'd be willing to enter my group of 240 numbers into it.
    David
    You can use any PC based email program to create blast email lists from pc to pda but you have to know which carrier each recipient uses to know the format of the email address you need to use ie 917XXXXXXX@vtext.com for VerizonWireless. SMS Cool requires a PC but at least you don't have to know the carrier. You just use the cell phone number.

Grouptextmessaging only works for the Palm OS
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...pTextMessaging
    Last edited by Emersk; 06/30/2006 at 11:44 AM.
    anyone know if there's a group sms app for the 700p yet?
    ~there is no spoon~
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would have just posted a link to my comment, but this form is so stupid it says,
    "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts." LAME. Especially that I can't even cross link on the same domain/forum!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't have a Pre yet, still lugging around my trusty Treo 650, mostly because I can't live without a few key apps. One of them being the "Group Text Messaging v1.0.040930.01 demonstration app by Pa1mOne". I'm not sure why this thing was never developed further, but it is by far the single best and most used application on my PalmOS.

mytreo.net/downloads/grouptextmessaging,730.html

I am a promoter for various clubs in Seattle, and I send out nearly 300+ text messages on any given club night (thurs,fri,sat) letting people know where the best party in town is going to be.

I would literally kill or die for this app but with several enhancements:

* the users should be linked to the contact book. currently they're independent so if someone changes phone numbers, I have to update both places.
    * replies from people do not include the initial txt *I* sent them. Not usually a big deal, but sometimes the person is replying saturday to a txt I sent friday and therefore I put them on the wrong guest list or something.
    * would love to be able to put something like "hey %f, come to club foo tonight" and have it expand the %f to their first name before sending them the txt.
    * yes, groups of people are key. I have many many groups.
    * a way to put a person in multiple groups
    * 'virtual groups' would be great -- for example, I travel a lot, so if I go down to PDX or to LAX or something, I want to quickly txt all the people I know in that city and let them know I've arrived and ask what's going on that night?
    * the checkbox for on-the-fly selection of individuals in a group is also a key feature I use all the time, as I know certain people are not in town or not into the music on a particular night, so I don't want to spam them.
    * sorting by first, last, city, phone
    * view by "first last" or "last, first"
    * I have zero interest in "group chat" features here
    * Oh yeah, it's also frustrating that the Treo 650 basically is locked up until all of the SMS are sent. This should send them in the background.

I have a ton more ideas and would pay $$$ money for something like this.