1.    #1  
    I downloaded the zip file from an earlier thread for the WM5 version of PhoneAlarm. I extracted the files to my desktop, but there is no kind of executable file to run. How do I get this on my 700?

Thanks.......JD
    there should be a .cab file in the zipped file. go into activesync with your treo connected and then click on the explore button. You will then see a device that says "my palm device" or something like that. Drag the .cab file over the top of it so that it puts the file on your device. then open up file explorer on your treo, find the cab file you put on there and run it from your treo. Then it will install.
    In the Windows Mobile FAQ here is a Q&A that might help clarify as well:

Is it possible to download and install 3rd party software directly to the phone?
    AND......
    And how do I copy files to my phone?

Yes you are able to install programs from your phone, if they make it available to do so in a CAB file. Basically whenever you want to install a software program, it will end in one of two ways FileName.EXE or FileName.CAB. If it is an EXE file then you must install it from your laptop / Desktop. If it is a CAB file, then you need to either download to your phone via their website, email attachment, etc... or copy it over to your phone with ActiveSync Explore (connect your phone to PC, open up ActiveSync. Click Explore. Open up Windows File Explorer. Then copy and paste or drag and drop as you any other file.)
  4.    #4  
    Well I dragged the CAB file over to the Treo but when I try to click on in from within the explorer of the Treo, it does nothing. Any suggestions.
  5.    #5  
    Ahhh. Figured it out..
  6.    #6  
    well it went thru the routine and installed on my Treo, but where is it? I don't see it in the programs folder anywhere. Where is it and how do you use it?
    Check their website to know more info. Some program is installled as setting applet, for which you can find the icon in the setting menu. Most programs are installed in the /programs files, you can find the phonealarm folder there.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Check their website to know more info. Some program is installled as setting applet, for which you can find the icon in the setting menu. Most programs are installed in the /programs files, you can find the phonealarm folder there.
    Found all files in the explorer but no executable anywhere to run it from.
    Ok, OK, PhoneALARM is today plugin.
    Please go to setting->today->items, and enable phonealarm.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Ok, OK, PhoneALARM is today plugin.
    Please go to setting->today->items, and enable phonealarm.
    Ahh. Got it now, but there is a lot to this program. A lot of different settings. Will have to read the manual and play with it.

Thanks to all...........JD