1.    #1  
    Is it possible to make the screen any brighter, is it at a default setting which can be tweeked? I only played with the phone for about an hour but couldn't find any settings on this. It's just I struggled to see the screen vividly and if there is no fix for this well It would be the ONE thing to deter me from it.

I really hope there is a tweek in there somewhere.
    Cant you change the brightness under Start> Settings> System > Backlight ?

Surur
    Outside of the settings above, I don't see anything else to change the brightness. IMO, the default settings are tooo bright. I use the second lowest setting for daily use...conserve battery and my eyesight.

BTW, nice to see some of the PDAPhoneHome folks over here!
    have any of you who moved from the 650 missed the higher resolution? is it noticeable on web pages or reading emails?
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    have any of you who moved from the 650 missed the higher resolution? is it noticeable on web pages or reading emails?
    On day one of my 700w trial, my opinion is that I cannot even tell that the resolution is lower.

Pocket IE uses small fonts and renders pages so beautifully that it looks better than Xiino/Blazer.

Overall, the system uses smaller fonts and I don't perceive a drop in resolution unless I'm watching a video or viewing photos.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Is the included IE good? Are there any alternate browsers that are good or better? I hardly use "Blazer" on my Treo 650 because it is so slow. I use WebPro which is very good. My 700 is on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Surur
    Ohhhhh my! I think you can officially say that the "zen of Palm" is history.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    Or you can use Option-P
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  9.    #9  
    I think one of the reasons it seems so dim to me is the blue backround( Windows) color opposed to Palm's 650 bright white backround. I wonder if you changed it to a white skin if it would brighten it up a little, the small font is not helping either.