Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten Epocrates to run on 700w? Having trouble installing/running it...

I get an error when trying to run it saying
    "Database Error: Error Loading database - sync again"

any help appreciated
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Damn-

from Epocrates Website:
    "Treo 700w users: We currently do not support this device, but plan to very soon."
    As a temporary workaround, you have to manually enable your EVDO connection. Then run the Epocrates AutoUpdate. It will sync the initial databases that are necessary to run the program. After that, it should work; at least it does for me. If you want to update your databases after that, you have to go through the same procedure. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by instantremedy
    As a temporary workaround, you have to manually enable your EVDO connection. Then run the Epocrates AutoUpdate. It will sync the initial databases that are necessary to run the program. After that, it should work; at least it does for me. If you want to update your databases after that, you have to go through the same procedure. Hope that helps.
    THANKS - much appreciated!!! Will try it now.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    As a temporary workaround, you have to manually enable your EVDO connection....
    clarification:
    do you mean DISable?

....tried it and still doesn't install correctly
    Last edited by plasmo; 01/17/2006 at 01:20 AM.
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant that you have to have an active internet connection before you can try to autoupdate.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant that you have to have an active internet connection before you can try to autoupdate.

Did you install Epocrates onto your 700w directly or onto a SD card?
    I still can't open the program when I click on the icon...
    I was able to accomplish this by intially installing via an ActiveSync connection. I could not update the databases via Active Sync, though I did do this initially, and had to AutoUpdate form the device once an active EVDO connection was made...i.e. launch your browser initiating the connection, go back to AutoUpdate and Update from there.

I did not install onto SD card.

Because of numerous problems with ActiveSync in general, I had to perform multiple hard resets and re-installs... thus I performed ePocrates install greater than 10 times with the above method.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    it WORKED! thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I guess for now (until Epocrates releases a fix) we should Disable Epocrates from Syncing using Autosync right? (mine hangs trying to look for changes)
    I e-mailed Epocrates support, and and this is their reply:

Thanks for your message.

We are not currently supporting this handheld model. The device was released last week, and we are still doing testing.

In the mean time, if you would like to try to install manually, follow the instructions below:

***Begin by performing a soft reset on your device***

After the Epocrates installer has run on the computer:
    1. Place your Treo in the cradle and make sure that on your computer screen, ActiveSync displays “Connected, Synchronized”
    2. On the device, navigate to Start>Programs>Epocrates Auto Update (If you do not have this icon, please download and run a current installer from our website.)
    3. Click the AutoUpdate button in the center of the screen, and answer any questions that appear during the update.

After the update completes, please try to open Epocrates.

Follow the same procedure to do your AutoUpdates in the future until we release a version that fully supports this new device. We do not have a release date, but hope to have it ready shortly.
    hi all...which version are u downloading from epocrates website? i downloaded the epoc essentials 2.0 (palm/win) and it can't install.

any ideas?
    The latest and greatest version for Pocket PC works with method described above.... Desktop sync will not work but Autoupdate will...
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    FYI - Epocrates now supports Treo 700w.
    It's synching normally now...
    That's good! I started getting errors yesterday with my AutoUpdate.. could not update the Bones app and another one... May be related to the update??