Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I resolved my problem .... I was using COM07 for Bluetooth Activsync on my Dell Laptop. But after rebooting for some reason Activsync would not recognize COM07 .. it kept defaulting to COM03 and COM04. I re-setup the bluetooth Sync using COM03 and it has now been working for several days and several reboots .... all is good ...
    I do not have a BT icon on my new HP computer nor can I find the program. I located the BT in the Device Manager but I'm not locating the program itself.

Any help.....

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Awesome, I finally got it working after about 2 hours on it today. I'd just like to add that when I added a com port, I have 2 options: setting up a virtual com port for a client and setting up a virtual com port for a server.

It wasn't working for me at first as I was trying to use a com port setup for a client. When I read someone got it working by just goin through their com port list in AS and clicking refresh on the device, they found one that worked. I did the same and the port it is working on was 7 and was setup for a server.

I hope this helps. This is a big relief as I haven't been able to sync via usb for about a week now and have had problems with usb sync since I got the phone. I just got a new laptop with internal bluetooth so I'm glad to get this working!
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Well today it doesn't work. This is really getting rediculous. It just sits there trying to connect.

And is there a way to make ActiveSync NOT TRY TO connect to the Treo when it is docked so I can at least transfer music to the damn phone???
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I also have a Toshiba Satellite, and everytime I try to add a com port, it says "bluetooth not ready." How does one get it ready?

Much thanks in advance.
    I have this BT adapter.
    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ternal_Antenna
    Do you think it will work with Activesync? I can transfer the files with it no problem from pc to my 700wx.
    You mean using that on your PC to connect via bluetooth? I don't see why not. Have you tried it yet?
    yeah, it connects just fine. i can transfer files from pc to Treo. just haven't tryed the sync yet. the reason why i am asking some one said that some brands don't work. like kengsingtone.
    Hello, I have a problem and hope someone can help me. I have a Treo 700W and a HP laptop without built-in Bluetooth. I Bought a Dlink adaptor and have been able to connect the 2 devices to the point that I can use the Information Exchanger to transfer files. Now I am trying to get Active Sync 4.2 to work between the pc and PDA so that I can use Bluetooth. From what I can understand, the ports need to match up between the 2 devices. The problem is that the only ports that the phone will allow me to create new ports is 0,4,7,8. The Active Sync on the laptop allows 3,6,7,10-14,20. When I try and create port 7 from the PDA since this is the only one that I have in common, I get the following error. "The COM port could not be created. Please check your setting and try again". I am also confused with this dial-up networking as it is asking for user name, password and phone number to dial. I don't think I need to mess with this though since I have PDAnet? Any help would be great. Thanks.

edit: I figured out that if I stop PDAnet from running on the Treo, it frees up port 7. So when I assign port 7 for new connections it still does not sync with ActiveSync even though both of the ports match. Obviously I need PDAnet to be running on the Treo since my who purpose is to connect for data.
    Last edited by ctk74; 12/30/2006 at 12:45 AM.
    I had an awful time trying to get my BlueSoleil BT adapter to work with my new Cingular 750. It would pair and show connection activity on the assigned serial port but it wouldn't work with ActiveSync no matter the configuration. For what its worth, it had worked fine with my 650 and HotSynch.

After reading that a Belkin adapter would get me on the path, I spent an afternoon trying to find a store in town that had one in stock. After I found one (model #F8T012) and plugged it in, it was not recognized by Windows XP w/SP2. I ended up having to install the Belkin software to get the BT adapter recognized by Windows. After that, it took me another 2.5 hours of tinkering to get it up and running.

Hopefully, all will be well now going forward!
    I recently swithced to the Treo 750 from a Nokia E61. My Nokia used to automatically connect to my laptop when it was in range, and I could have it sync at connection, or at specific time intervals. Anyway of doing this with WM5 and Activesync?
    Help!!!!

Treo 700W, BT Jabra 320s and ActiveSynch 4.1 and it doesn't work.

Are PC Com port and Incoming Port supposed to be the same (they aren't and I can't figure out how to make 'em the same)?

In ActiveSynch from my Treo, I push the Sync button and nothing happens.

Go to Menu -> Connect via Bluetooth -> "Cannot find an existing Bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSynch. Would you like to set up a partnership now?" -> Yes -> Tap "New Partnership" and it finds my PC (again). Check the 3 boxes and then OK in the upper right corner. Back to AS window, hit the Syng button, and nothing happens. Repeat, repeat, repeat....

Any ideas? I'm OK with USB synch but BT has me baffled. Able to use BT headset for listening to musing on PC and switching to calls coming in on my Treo....

Confused in California....
    Totally frustrated. Still can't connect Treo and PC via BT ActiveSynch.

Followed Emersk's guidelines several times. Everything says it should be OK but nothing works. Updated to AS 4.2. Verified XP had no updates required (assume I have SP2 but don't know how to check that for sure). Reset the pairing of Treo with PC. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall the BT software I installed with my Jabra A320s adapter since I now have BT connection with my BT headphones.

Perhaps the Jabra 320s isn't compatible with a Treo 700W?

Any help is much appreciated as the next step is a long drop off of a short pier....
    I've spent many hours to successfully make BT Sync this work on a laptop and desktop PC... only to find that the laptop settings interfere with the desktop settings and each of them render the other useless... causing me to re-install the BT drivers in order to recover from the mess.

It's all a bit too much for me... and I actually enjoy a good technical challenge.

To top it off, today, I "asked" my phone the following:

"What are my next appointments"...

'She" responded: "Many items...

On Fiday, all day event: Groundhog Day... Location: United States.

<tee hee>

JD Cochran
  15. rsa
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    As a newbie to this forum and only having had my 700Wx for 5 days I would like to make my first contribution to this forum.

I have a IVT Corp. BlueSoleil bluetooth dongle USB attached to a Dell desktop. I've been using this bluetooth connection for skype with a bluetooth headset for sometime now with no problems. I wanted to Activesync via bluetooth to my new 700Wx and get rid of the USB cable. So I've spent that last two days reading this and other sources on bluetooth Activesyncing. Though the information did get me going in the right direction it was still incomplete. I struggled and struggled for hours trying to get the connection complete from the 700Wx to the Activesync program running on the Dell with no success. I could get Activesync to show as a service on the 700Wx when making the initial partnership but after that I could not get BlueSoleil to acknowledge the 700Wx's request to sync to the Activesnyc program. Finally I figured out the problem. Not only do you have to setup the comm ports correctly between the PC program Activesync and BlueSoleil, which in my case was comm port 9 but you also have to make up a comm port link between BlueSoleil and the 700Wx which in my case was comm port 7. The description on this thread does not make that clear. At least I didn't get it from reading the information. I went into BlueSolieil's menu "Tools">"Configuration">"Quick Connect" and double clicked on comm port 7 and assigned "Treo" to comm port. Then I went into the bluetooth configuration on the 700Wx and clicked on "Comm Ports" and setup a outgoing connection to the Dell PC using com port 7 also. As soon as this link was completed the 700Wx would successfully connect to the bluetooth services on the PC, I'd see a note bubble from the system tray saying that a connection had been made on comm 9 and the Activesync program would acknowledge that a connection had been made and the 700Wx has been buzzing every since. Syncing what seems like every five minutes.

Hopefully this will help someone else.
    Last edited by RSA; 02/13/2007 at 05:06 PM.
    Basic configuration: XP/SP2, WMP 11.0, Inspiron 6000, Mot BT USB Adapter PC850, WIDCOM BT stack, Treo 700W, BlueSpoon Spider Stereo headphones, ActiveSynch 4.1

To this point, I refuse to total up the hours I've spent trying to get this merry combo of hardware and software to work together...I feel like the monkeys in the room typing away and eventually creating Encyclopedia Britannica....

Any advice as to how to make the process more foolproof is highly appreciated.

Once I got the ActiveSynch mode working between my PC and my cell phone using BlueTooth, it has been extremely reliable and easy to use.

I've heard of people having to manually configure COM ports to get ActiveSynch to work properly but having tried that several times to no avail, I've taken to accepting the default settings and not futz with things.

The headphones are more tricky.
    * Make sure that all of the services require and provide a "Secure" connection. Don't ask me why, but this seems to work best.
    * I had to make sure that under "Sounds and notifications" in the Control Panel that the sound was directed to the BlueTooth High Quality Audio. Check this often as somehow it gets reset for reasons unknown to me.
    * I also had to make sure the audio playback application has the sound directed to the BlueTooth High Quality Audio (usually found in the Tools section of most apps).
    * I always establish connection through the BT "Quick Connect" icon in the tool bar (right click on icon, highlight "Quick Connect", highlight "Headset", click on "Other Devices"; when the BlueSpoon Headphone icon shows up, select that one to establish a connection). This seems more reliable than trying to go through "My BlueTooth Places".
    * Use "My BlueTooth Places" to monitor if there actually is a connection (2 green arrows pointing at each other right under the headphone icon).
    Be patient. Sometimes it takes a while for the BlueTooth connection to show up.
    * The connection seems to drop easily and I usually have to reconnect several times in order to get the dang thing going. There are times when I've had awesome connection for hours with no drops and then there are times that it seems taking a breath drops the connection.
    * Sometimes I have to make sure the audio playback application is closed before I re-establish a connection. Once the connection is established, then I open the audio playback application.
    * Sometimes switching between files (.mp3 to .wmv in WMP) appears to cause a connection to be lost.
    * Rebooting the system is sometimes necessary if the connection appears to be getting confused (not able to find devices that were just there, unable to establish connection repeatedly, etc).
    * I turn on the headphones before booting up. This may or may not contribute to stability but it seems to.
    * I always turn off the headphones and exit all BlueTooth apps gracefully prior to shutting down my system.
    * I have not been able to pack up my PC and go to a different location and establish a BlueTooth connection. I can take my PC out to the living room and get one there; I just can't get one set up if I leave the house.
    * Sometimes the physical seating of the BlueTooth USB dongle is precarious - although I'd swear it's plugged in, I will jiggle it and everything works OK; sometimes not. Sometimes I pull the dongle and reseat it and it works, sometimes not. Sometimes I pull the dongle and put it into another USB port and that works, usually not. Seems that the dongle gets "attached" to a particular USB port and works better and more consistently on that (dunno why and shouldn't make any difference, but it seems to).
    * I've done uninstalls and reinstalls probably 20 times, paired and unpaired devices, booted and rebooted numerous times and sprinkled all the hardware with copious amounts of holy water while singing "Kum Bay Yah" standing on one foot and facing the rising sun. Who knows what the secret sequence is. * The "documentation" for the headphones, the dongle and almost anything BlueTooth usually sucks at best and requires trial and error and buckets of patience.
    Just got my vzw wx last week, and it never would bluetooth activesync until just a few minutes ago when I installed the bluetooth application on the CD that came with the wx. Now it's fine!

The problem was that on the handset, the services would never show activesync, until I added that software from the disc.

I hope this helps someone out!
    I've used this instructions a while back to successfully create the partnership but lately I'm having an issue keeping the connection w/AS. It usually will connect immediatley and start to sync and than the AS window prompts that it is no longer connected.

Any idea?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by mbbodytech View Post
    Just got my vzw wx last week, and it never would bluetooth activesync until just a few minutes ago when I installed the bluetooth application on the CD that came with the wx. Now it's fine!

The problem was that on the handset, the services would never show activesync, until I added that software from the disc.

I hope this helps someone out!
    Thank you so much!!! After hours of exhausting COM Port changes and help screens this one thing was the fix. I have a Verizon XV6800 and needed to install the driver from the CD that came with the phone. That was it!!! The crazy thing is the driver file is not included with the setup folder it is buried in another location on the CD and without your comment I never would have known it was there. Thanks again.
    Awesome guide... worked perfect for me after following the instructions. Using a kengsington bluetooth too.
    700wx for the win
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast