1.    #1  
    Is there a way you can change the mode of the phone from EVDO to 1x so I dont have to pay for the high speed.

Thanks
    ev-do is the same price as 1x. you are already paying for it if you have a data plan.
  3.    #3  
    I dont have a data plan and I want to switch it into 1x mode so that I dont have to pay the expensive EVDO data rate fees..
    The pricing is the same whether you use 1x or EVDO, it really makes no difference. You can't get a lower rate by switching to 1x.
    If you don't have a data plan then your DATA cost, be it 1X or EVDO, is going to be $0.15 per Kb. If I recall correctly.
    So use the EVDO wisely and get-on/get-off and don't run up too many Kbs.
    But either way your being charged the same fee/rate.

--r00t
    Just to make this clear: which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

If you are being charged a "by the kilobyte" rate, it doesn't matter how fast you downloaded those kbs. --- you are not be charged "time" for data (like you are in voice), you are being charged for an amount of data.

Cheers, Perry.
    #*#3836 turns evdo on and off
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Just to make this clear: which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

Cheers, Perry.
    But a pound of lead is smaller, does this mean my data costs would be less?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang
    But a pound of lead is smaller, does this mean my data costs would be less?
    A pound is a pound, no matter whether it's pillows or lead. Think of it this way. You are paying for a liter of water. You have a choice of getting it through a really big pipe or through a much smaller pipe which will take longer to flow into your bottle. At the end of the day you have a liter of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    A pound is a pound, no matter whether it's pillows or lead. Think of it this way. You are paying for a liter of water. You have a choice of getting it through a really big pipe or through a much smaller pipe which will take longer to flow into your bottle. At the end of the day you have a liter of water.
    But your body can only absorb so much water at a time. If you drink to fast, you will pee out the excess and it won't hydrate your body.
    Hi Slinky,

Thank-You, much better analogy.

Cheers, Perry.
  12.    #12  
    Yea...im going to hold out then and use my Verizonized Treo 650 and use the MOU I have now on it...$45 is to much unless I can dial up my Dial up ISP and get online for free...I don't need the high speed for basic email and stuff.
    Unless of course you are comparing a pound of gold with a pound of lead.