View Poll Results: How many times have you reset your Treo 700w in the past 48 hours?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once

8 28.57%
  • Twice

3 10.71%
  • Three Times a Lady

4 14.29%
  • Four

3 10.71%
  • Five

3 10.71%
  • Not counting anymore

4 14.29%
  • Does throwing it across the room count?

3 10.71%
  1.    #1  
    Me? Five times in less than 72 hours. Not even my worst days with a Palm device did it get like this. The thing just freezes up if it tries to do two things at once. Tell your tales (if any)
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Once when it wouldnt turn on after I put it on standby. I've had it for a few days now and havent had any problems since I've institutdes the activesync fix posted earlier.
    There is not a None option so I can't vote. I have had it since the first day it was available and have not had any issues whatsoever.
    Because the unit only holds 32mb of RAM, you must 'PERMANENTLY' close a program after you are done with it. If you do not, it will continue to run in the background and 32mb of memory gets used up in a hurry. I would recommend a program that will automatically close programs such as SPB PocketPlus, that way you dont have to go into settings/memory/running programs and close the program that you were using. If you ALWAYS close running programs properly, you should not have to reset your device. If you let them run in the background, which you are obviously doing then it is only a matter of time before your memory gets all used up and you have to do a reset.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Same as Stihl, mine wouldn't turn on once after it went into standby and once I used the activesync fix, it's been cadillacing.
    Haven't had to reset it once, seems stable to me
    I've only had to reset once because of an actual problem. The others were my normal routine of resetting after an install/uninstall. The device has been very stable.
    I've reset it a few times. Even after closing all programs the memory can sit sometime at 8mb. If I reset it goes back up to 12-13mb.
    I don't mind the soft reset. It's fast and easy.
    This thing is 1000x more stable than my last palm os the Tungsten T5.
    Mine has only locked up once. It didn't like trying to open 1200 photo thumbnails on my card. It took forever and brought the device to a crawl. It takes five+ minutes before I can even scroll through them all.

All that said I love the 700. It's better than any palm os experience I've had since the m505, going back to the pilot. I don't miss palm os one bit.
    I haven't had to reset due to a device malfunction yet.

Did a soft reset/hard reset because the device wouldn't connect to the data service but it turns out that it had nothing to do with the Treo but it was because I didn't have the right plan setup on my account.
  10.    #10  
    I miss the PalmOS. So much more intuitive and user-friendly interface. Less time fighting with HotSync than ActiveSync.
    We need a NONE option! This thing blows the 650 away in terms of stability!
    How come 'zero' is not an option?