1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

I'm new to this technology, but what is a good bluetooh headset? I'm not a 'power user' and am looking for comfort first and foremost.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Palm 700w
    I'm a newbie to smartphones and the like, so be nice!
    i have the motorola version that 'opens/closes' for turning it on off. i find this to be very convenient. it doesn't have the best hold, nor is it loud enough, but it works and i like it overall for the design and basic function.

i wonder if it would work any better with the 700w versus my 650?? thoughts?
    jabra jx 10. by far the best i have used and flawless with treo 700. VERY COMFORTABLE to me. i also have the hbh 300.

jx10 better IMO
    HI, I like the plantronics 640, it has a neat feature, it has a "pen shapped" carrier,t hat also holds an AAA batt. This keeps it recharged for about a week. Works with "ear gels" that keep it in place and there is an optional, ear hook. Pairing the ear piece tot he treo is a snap.

Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Could you tell me the model number of your Motorola headset?
    I had the Cardo Scala 500 for about 2 days before it fell out of my pocket. Now someone else has it.

Anyway, I would rate it as average. It was super cheap though, only $30 on ebay. Very good bang for your buck. Volume was good but clarity was only average.
    Moto HS810, HS820, and H500 all work well with the 700. Gotta test a Plantronics m3500 if I can find it.
    BlueSpoon AX2 works very well with the 700W.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    i have the motorola version that 'opens/closes' for turning it on off. i find this to be very convenient. it doesn't have the best hold, nor is it loud enough, but it works and i like it overall for the design and basic function.

i wonder if it would work any better with the 700w versus my 650?? thoughts?
    Race-
    are you referring to the Motorola H700 Headset?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I like holding the phone up to the old ear-never tried bluetooth though. I can't justify purchasing a headset just yet
    The jabra jx10 works great
    I would highly recommend considering the Jabra BT500. Unlike most BT headsets, the ear piece goes INSIDE your ear, rather than sitting up against it. This provides the advantage of blocking out ambient noise while on the phone.

I've had several other headsets, and whenever I am in an area with even moderate background noise, I found myself pushing the headset closer to my ear in an effort to hear. Standing there with one hand against my ear kind of defeats the purpose of using a headset to begin with. I switched to the BT250v and have been extremely happy with it. It worked well with my Treo650 and works fabulously with the 700w.
    Does your HS810 headset work with media player audio? If so, how did you make it work?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Sorry to say but the HS810 is not a stero headset. You would need to go with the Jabra 8010. That is a stero headset.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/9-115.htm

Check here
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I have the Jabra BT125. This headset along with the A2DP hack solved my bluetooth problems.

Note: You cannot do voice commands thru your headset with the Treo 700w/wx.