1.    #1  
    This may seem like a silly question, but what the heck...

I have 2 SD cards and plan to return one of them, but I'm not sure which one to keep. Here are my options...

A. 1GB Ultra SD Card that I got for $79. It's the high speed kind.

B. 2GB PNY SD card that I got for $99. It's not high speed, but is twice the size.

Does the speed really matter? The cost isn't an issue. So, should I keep the faster card or the card that has more space? Thoughts?
    Palm 700w
    I'm a newbie to smartphones and the like, so be nice!
    Speed does matter. Try to get a 2 gig Ultra. If you can't, depending on what you'll be doing, the 2GB PNY should be OK.
    I'm curious about this, too. To what degree can the Treo make use of faster cards? The one I got for my 650 is slow as all get out. I've never tried a fast one with it. But maybe the Treo has a speed limitation.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Im curious as well as I have a birthday coming up. I'd love to sell/give away my mini and just carry this around so any information anyone has about a 4gig card would be a godsend.
    Here's one.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83135-1

I've ordered from them before, they are fast. Can't beat the free 2 day Fed Ex.

To the original poster, some people claim to have problems with the SanDisk Ultra, although that was on the 650 and it may have been user error.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    Im curious as well as I have a birthday coming up. I'd love to sell/give away my mini and just carry this around so any information anyone has about a 4gig card would be a godsend.
    Be sure to read this thread before droppin' loot on a 4GB card. Doesn't seem like many have had luck getting the entire capacity to be recognized.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    That's a sexy card Mrs. Treo. I'll definately put away some cash for that deal.

Isn't the recognition problem only an issue with the 650?
    Last edited by Stihl; 01/16/2006 at 06:33 PM.
    NewEgg has the 1Gig PNY for $36.44 after rebate. That seems like a pretty sweet deal:

Link is here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut33
    This may seem like a silly question, but what the heck...

I have 2 SD cards and plan to return one of them, but I'm not sure which one to keep. Here are my options...

A. 1GB Ultra SD Card that I got for $79. It's the high speed kind.

B. 2GB PNY SD card that I got for $99. It's not high speed, but is twice the size.

Does the speed really matter? The cost isn't an issue. So, should I keep the faster card or the card that has more space? Thoughts?
    Go for the space !!! I do not see any difference in 'normal' operation between my blue SanDisk 2GB and my Ultra II 2GB from SanDisk. Normal means data access, music playing and application start up. The only place where the Ultra "shines" is when I am browsing thru my photos -- then the two cards are like night and day. No problems with either card in my Treo 650.

BTW -- On new purchases, unless you are a music and photo maniac -- I would recommend going with a 2GB card for now, they are cheaper and tested, the new 4GB are the 'latest' but not as tested by the consumer community yet.