1.    #1  
    Say you want to edit the suggestions that the predictive text gives you on your Treo, add to them or cut them down a bit. Here's how:

1. Launch File Explorer & using the menus, turn on the option "Show all files"
    2. Find the file called autocorrect.txt (you will see it as autocorrect)
    3. Tap on it to edit it in Word Mobile

The file format is simple
    <misspelled word><tab><correctly spelled word><line return>

You can interpret <misspelled word> as abbreviations that you might like to have filled out.
    e.g. btw<tab>by the way

Anyone know how to type a tab character in Word Mobile on a Treo 700w?
    That's cool.

You can always copy the file back to your PC and edit it there.
    Sounds like a way to create the old Palm OS shortcuts!
  4.    #4  
    So far I have edited the file using copy and paste to get a Tab within Word since I cannot figure out how to type one using the keyboard.
  5.    #5  
    One small extra tip - use Resco File Explorer to change the attributes on the file from Read Only to regular access before you edit this in Word. Otherwise your changes wont save. Then when you are thru, edit the attribute back again. Tap and hold on the file in resco's file explorer to bring up the Properties.
    I can't find this file anywhere (autocorrect.txt). Where exactly is it located?
    I think I got it to tab one time by pressing the shift and space bar. not sure what program I was in, but I was surprised when it did it....
    the onscreen keyboard has a tab button on regular pocket pcs. don't know about the treo
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    One small extra tip - use Resco File Explorer to change the attributes on the file from Read Only to regular access before you edit this in Word. Otherwise your changes wont save. Then when you are thru, edit the attribute back again. Tap and hold on the file in resco's file explorer to bring up the Properties.

Is there a way to do this in regular file explorer without using Resco?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalonia
    I can't find this file anywhere (autocorrect.txt). Where exactly is it located?
    It's in the Windows directory.

Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    Is there a way to do this in regular file explorer without using Resco?
    I don't think so in Windows mobile, but you could always edit the file and it's properties on your computer while connected through the sync cable.
    Thanks. Tsalonia, you may not be seeing it because it won't be visible if system files are hidden. When sync is attached, I can see it via my desktop if I enable "view hidden system files" in options.
    Russ
    this file does not show the suggestions but rather corrections.
    shift + space bar to insert a tab