Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Basically, I set Gmail/collegemail/hotmail up on my treo so I'm not really syncing for mail. The only mail I have set up specifically on my outlook is my RoadRunner mail account, and this is mostly so that I don't have a 'blank' Outlook E-mail tab.

Apart from that one mail account, I really just want to sync my contacts so I don't have to add them manually.

If anyone knows what the deal is or can point me in the right thread/direction, I'd appreciate it. The only error is something about my outlook profile being different than my treo profile.

What the Christ??
    Can you post the exact text of the message you see and also the version of Outlook that you use?
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    Basically, I set Gmail/collegemail/hotmail up on my treo so I'm not really syncing for mail. The only mail I have set up specifically on my outlook is my RoadRunner mail account, and this is mostly so that I don't have a 'blank' Outlook E-mail tab.

Apart from that one mail account, I really just want to sync my contacts so I don't have to add them manually.

If anyone knows what the deal is or can point me in the right thread/direction, I'd appreciate it. The only error is something about my outlook profile being different than my treo profile.

What the Christ??
    Are your emails syncing or are just getting an error message.
    Have you synched with outlook before? If you go to Control Options/Mail on your pc, and look under profiles, how many profiles are listed?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    'Cannot sync with the outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up or the profile is password protected. Please open outlook with the appropriate profile. Support code: 8503001f' is the original error msg.

I have yet to sync with outlook, because when I first installed everything on the cd that came with the treo, the option was 'red x-ed' out for some reason. It took me several retries to realize that the option to actually install outlook wasnt on by default (I still don't know why that was...)

I just looked up profiles and the only one available is one that says Outlook.