Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Found this on Verizon's website:

"Verizon Wireless is under no obligation to monitor your usage, bandwidth, transmissions and content of this Service. However, anyone using this Service agrees that Verizon Wireless may monitor the usage, bandwidth, transmissions and content of the Service periodically to (1) comply with any necessary laws, regulations or other governmental requests; (2) to operate the Service properly or to protect itself, its network and its users. Verizon Wireless reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to its server that it, in its sole discretion, believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions."
    $34 is not a lot, considering it is a one time cost, not monthly. and they give lifetime upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Ok, sounds great but at $34.00?!?! We should be able to get this to work (for free) with just the correct modem drivers like we did with the Samsung SCH-i730...at least I hope.

Be aware that using the device in this manner violates Verizon's usage policy and that they can suspend your service for doing it.

Also...Verizon is said to be releasing the ability to do this "out of the box" very soon but for an additional $15 a month.
    If you upgrade you save $5 towards the new version. But if you can find someone that will buy your full license, then that would work great for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jwindsurfer
    Heh, when you get an internet connection that's faster than even USB 1 allows, let me know.

I've used PDANet on both the Treo 600 and 650. I guess I can sell my 650 license when I upgrade. $34 isn't that much, but I agree, it should just be a feature of the phone. It costs no more to provide it.
    I tried a card out a few times and they were getting around 300-400K. I am getting the same with the 700w and the USB cable. If you can, get a cable that syncs and charges at the same time, so that you can run the phone as long as you run the laptop without battery drain.

Quote Originally Posted by race
    so, do you think you get the same speeds with pda net on the 700w via usb cable as would get with a verizon aircard?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12