Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am just posting this in case any of you are trying to squeeze more performance out of your 700. I have been using xcpuscalar (you can find it on pocketgear.com) for the last 5 days with the processor set to 624mhz. I have had no issues with freezing or resetting. (my treo actually runs better and alot faster). Just thought if anyone was considering this but afraid to try, that I would let you know that it works.
    624? Are you sure? That is a huge increase. Any idea of the effect on battery life?
    Mine locks up at 624 ... running at 416 is really stable and probably the same at 520.

Even at 416, I notice the difference in speed.
    The website claims "up to 30%" increase, so I probably wouldn't go over 416 without worrying. But even so, for $18 how can you beat this? It's like upgrading your processor to a Centrino with the power management tools.
  5.    #5  
    it was funny right after posting that, mine locked up at 624. but once in 5 days isn't bad. Battery life is a factor, it probably cuts 1/3 of your battery life. To me it doesn't matter because my treo is plugged in all day.
    Running all apps at 520 (stable, at least for now) and the very best media plaer (TCPMP) now plays flawlessly!!
    i just downloaded trial and mine sings at 520 and 416. But what are the risks? Does anyone know if this voids the 5.99 warranty? Any horror stories out there?
    How I miss the good ol' days when I could overclock my Casio E-125 with a pencil...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    it won't void your warranty - its only software overclocking. you can even deny that it was ever installed if they interogate you and they'll never know.

The worst that can happen is that it'll lock-up on you, so just do a soft reset. Actually, in theory it might be able to corrupt data in memory and even some files when it writes data out to storage .. but i'll gladly take that risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by callinectes
    i just downloaded trial and mine sings at 520 and 416. But what are the risks? Does anyone know if this voids the 5.99 warranty? Any horror stories out there?

Running all apps on 520 for almost a week. No problems.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I guess I will have to give it a try. Is there that noticeable of a speed increase?
    Yes its noticable. Im very happy, I went straight to 520 and no problems yet. Apps load faster.
    OK so I bought xcpuscalar for pocketgear last night - and so far have run increased to 416 - which is nice -
    But... Is anyone else having problems with how the program is displayed on their 700w?
    For me the screen for auto-scaling is almost non-usableable/readable?

just me?

--r00t
    fyi - overclocking with xcpuscalar has fouled up my BT connection with my headset. had to uninstall and soft reset. anyone having this issue?
    i've been using the xcpuscalar and since using it i haven't had any issues with my phone or bluetooth as a matter a fact it seems more stable now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    How I miss the good ol' days when I could overclock my Casio E-125 with a pencil...

ahahahah I did the same thing

I gave my casio to a friend years ago and he still uses it to read books.
    Quote Originally Posted by callinectes
    fyi - overclocking with xcpuscalar has fouled up my BT connection with my headset. had to uninstall and soft reset. anyone having this issue?
    I almost exclusively use my bt headset (jabra bt250v) and I have yet to have any issues...in fact mine seems more stable too...knock on wood...
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    anyone notice any significant battery life drain when overclocked using xpuscaler?
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    anyone notice any significant battery life drain when overclocked using xpuscaler?

I haven't really noticed a difference.
    it;s running much peppier for me when i kicked it up to 512

i also did the advance tuning and turned everything up to 512 except for the 0-15% cpu utilization
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast