Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn
    it;s running much peppier for me when i kicked it up to 512

i also did the advance tuning and turned everything up to 512 except for the 0-15% cpu utilization
    What is the best tuning configs that you guys have found?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is anyone having problems running this program along with SPb pocket pluss? I keep getting locked up and some menus are extremely sluggish especially the start button, opening up messaging, and switching from block lettering to keyboard, or letter recognizer. Anyone else feeling a little sluggish from time to time?
    After using the xCPUscalar, I bought it.
    I'm running at scaled sppeds.
    0-16% normal
    17-70% 400
    70-100% 512

tech
    Which version of XCPUscalar are you running?
    Hi,

I'm running 2.93.

tech
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    So everyone is happy with this app? I bought and used it and I have been having problems. It seems like it slowed my treo down a bit. I wonder if it is some other program that is the problem.
    Im happy, running at a fixed 416 and it definitely is NOT slowing my Treo down.
    I tried it last night. It did smooth out video watching a bit. Didn't really compare anything else as the phone doesn't seem slow. I am curious to see if down clocking can save battery time. That would be more valuable to me.
    I bought it.... after using it for a day I'm not sure i need it... but i'll keep it on my 700w and use it if something is running to slow.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    please be aware that after using xcpu for the last 2 weeks, my treo's battery life has been cut by over 30%....i have it set for 412-520mhz....

just an fyi.....b/c i love the program....but others may want to use the advanced scaling mode and only overclock at 70% or higher to preserve batt. life.
    I thought the scaling mode would be a great way to preserve battery life at low CPU usage %'s by underclocking it, but it made my 700w way too slow. This may not be entirely true, but it seems like when a CPU intensive app opens and you're at 200 MHz or less, that app bogs down the CPU and it doesn't shift into 520 MHz mode until after the app has finished loading. I finally gave up on scaled speeds and just left it at 520. I'm perfectly happy at that speed, and while I'm sure it must be cutting my battery life, so far I have no complaints. Okay, so I wish the battery lasted as long as my blackberry, but I have a 2200 mAh battery on the way....
    I have had one problem with xcpuscalar that no one else seems to have mentioned...
    Sometimes if I open a full screen application such as IE or WMP, the little green box at the top of the screen (in my case I move it to the far left over the start logo) disappears. It doesn't happen every time, and so far I haven't picked up on a specific behavior pattern. If I click on the box where it should be (which is usually still showing the image from the full screen) it brings up the xcpuscalar application. Then if I click the left or right arrows to reposition the green box it reappears.
    Anyone else having this glitch?
    Very nice app it was great on my old I700 a couple of years ago and the auto scaling is best.
  14. JEC
    Here's an issue I'm having with XCPUscalar on my Treo 700w:

Make a call, and the screen changes to the "Call in Progress" screen. The call duration timer is running, and at the bottom it says "Touchscreen Disabled," because I have it set up that way. This part is normal.

However, after I end the call, the Call in Progress screen says "hanging up," and the device hangs. The call does indeed end, but the duration timer continues to run endlessly, and the Call in Progress screen stays on the screen with the touchscreen disabled.

The problem goes away if I exit XCPUscalar.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I've had that happen even w/o xcpuscaler although for some reason it never happens anymore...
    what does overclocking do?
    2) does it lower battery life?
    3) Does it void the warranty?
    It can put a damper on the battery but you can underclock too and save on battery, no it won't void the warranty.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this issue I'm having with XCPUscalar. I have it set to 416Mhz, and set to open at start along with minimize so I don't have to do anything to get the program running after a soft reset. After a soft reset it reverts back to the 312Mhz speed though, so I have to open the program (or at least not have it automatically hide itself) to get it back up to 416Mhz. I just want it to always run at 416Mhz, even after a soft reset, without opening the program. I have had it do this on past PPCs, but the speed change just won't stick after a soft reset. Anyone get this feature working?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    How did you get it to run automatically on startup?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    There is a setting to have it run on startup. I think it is below the speed settings if you scroll down. I've removed it for now at least until my Seidio battery shows up. I noticed a significant decrease in battery life with minimal increase in performance, at least in the programs I'm running.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12