1.    #1  
    Just bought the Motorola One Touch Strereo Headset HS120 but it doesn't play sound out of the left ear bud.

Does the 700w support stereo sound while listening to MP3's in Media Player when using the headphones mentioned above?

Thanks!
    I ran into the same issue with a pair of stereo jabra headphones made for verizon vcast phones. I did some research and it turns out the Treo's headphone jack is special. If it detects the right impedance for regular stereo headphones, meaning the jack has three connection points not four like some of the special stereo headsets for phones, it sends the stereo signal properly. There is an adapter on Palm's website for $9.99 that will allow you to connect regular stereo headphones to your Treo 700w. It just so happens I had a radio shack branded one that does the same thing and I think it was cheaper.
    I posted a similar question a while back and it is true - you need a special converter from 3.5mm to 2.5mm.
    You can get it here:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=835
    as well as other accessories

.... no, I don't work for them.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback...I went to radio shack and they did not have a, what they call 1/32 (2.5mm) adapter which has a female 2.5mm into the male 2.5mm.

What the guy at radio shack said was that the Treo700w must not be outputting stereo sound through the headphone jack and that if I buy a mono 2.5 mm headphone set that it would work fine but I would hear the same sound in both ears. He said I could also keep looking for an adapter that converted my strereo headphones into mono.

I haven't found anything in the manual or on the forums that note the Treo700 has stereo sound through head phone jacks, has anyone else? Is it only mono sound? That's kind of low budget for such a high tech device in 2006. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIsaac
    Thanks for the feedback...I went to radio shack and they did not have a, what they call 1/32 (2.5mm) adapter which has a female 2.5mm into the male 2.5mm.

What the guy at radio shack said was that the Treo700w must not be outputting stereo sound through the headphone jack and that if I buy a mono 2.5 mm headphone set that it would work fine but I would hear the same sound in both ears. He said I could also keep looking for an adapter that converted my strereo headphones into mono.

I haven't found anything in the manual or on the forums that note the Treo700 has stereo sound through head phone jacks, has anyone else? Is it only mono sound? That's kind of low budget for such a high tech device in 2006. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I would trust the feedback on these boards a LOT MORE than somebody working at a rad-shack.
    I tried my neighborhood RadioShack as well, but they also didn't have it... so only option was to get it online.

I originally thought that it was only mono, but unless my ears are deceiving me now it really is in stereo