1.    #1  
    My wife has TomTom Nav 5 on her 650 and we have two GPS receivers (the TT BT and a cabled receiver), so all I need is to order the software...if it works.

I see that Treocentral is selling the TT5 package purportedly for the 700w, but it says "Note: Visit TomTom's support section to download the latest patches for Treo 700w before installing." But I can't find any reference to the 700w or even WM5 on TomTom's site. Looks like some people at pdaphonehome have it working, but is it working well? How is the drop in resolution if you've come from the 650 to the 700?
    Over at pdaphonehome their is a thread discussing TomTom. One of the users has his working with a BT GPS receiver. Still waiting for TomTom to answer my request from 3 weeks ago. They may offer a nice app and device but their support sucks.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...114#post463114
    Don't waste your time. Mapopolis is much better solution than TT5 in ppc, also much cheaper, although in palm os tt5 is better because mapopolis abandoned their palm os version.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I just purchased CoPilot Live 6 and so far it works great with the 700w. Very easy to setup and the Live function is pretty cool.
  5.    #5  
    Mods--I started this in the wrong forum, should have been in apps. My apologies, feel free to merge with existing GPS threads. I keep forgetting to look down there.
    How is Mapopolis better than Tomtom? Have you seen a comparison review or something? Tomtom is so good I'd be surprised if anything was better... We love it on our 650. I too am wondering if I can get my 700w working similarly..
    FYI My TomTom Naviagtor works great on my 700. Way better than Mapopolis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stozmon
    FYI My TomTom Naviagtor works great on my 700. Way better than Mapopolis!
    What version of TomTom are you running, and did you have to download a patch for the 700W? If so, what is the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq
    What version of TomTom are you running, and did you have to download a patch for the 700W? If so, what is the link?
    Go to that thread PPCMD posted above @ pdaphonehome. I added a fairly detailed summary of my install experiences yesterday and some opinions after a 'field test' this morning. In short: Works great...aside from the smaller screen, I think it works better on the 700 than the XV6600.

One little anecdotal thing I forgot to add to that thread above is that if you think your sound isn't working when you're using TomTom, don't forget to check the ring/vibrate switch. Yeah, it's a small thing but had me scratching my head for about 90 seconds wondering where the sound was.
    Also see the GPS thread in the WM Forum here with some reports of those who got it work and how they had to install it on their 700w.
    I am having a problem with TomTom on my 700w. The program runs but there it only takes up about 3/4 of the screen. I have download and installed the latest update.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    I am having a problem with TomTom on my 700w. The program runs but there it only takes up about 3/4 of the screen. I have download and installed the latest update.

Any ideas?
    That happened to me too, and now the program just keeps giving errors and won't run at all. I guess I will just use mapopolis until Tom Tom comes out with an official Treo 700 update. I have both programs
    Last edited by xp80; 01/22/2006 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor
    Mods--I started this in the wrong forum, should have been in apps. My apologies, feel free to merge with existing GPS threads. I keep forgetting to look down there.

<moved >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. JiG
    I just purchased CoPilot Live 6 and so far it works great with the 700w. Very easy to setup and the Live function is pretty cool.
    what kind of GPS device are you using?
    I am having problems loading my TomTom 5.0 U.S. maps on my Treo 700w with TomTom 5.21 loaded. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I have not... but I've been using the option to install directly to a 1GB SD card and that has worked perfectly.
    My daughter and I had tom tom for our 650 she just replaced her 650 with the 700 installed tom tom and could not get it working she called tom tom support and it is working great

Fred

Any ideas?
    Same thing happened to me, but I got it working, but it was one of two things...not sure which (I should know better than to change two variables at once)

I installed TT5 by copying the cabs over to my Storage Card and then installed by using File Explorer and then clicking on the cabs one by one in this sequence:
    GPS.cab PIMADDIN.cab WZD.cab TTN.cab

For each I chose Install to Storage Card when prompted.

I then ran the Setup from the TT5 5.2 update to install the 5.2 update.

Result? 3/4 screen.

I uninstalled and repeated the process, except I changed two things, I installed to memory, AND (I think this is really what made ithe difference) when I installed the 5.2 update, instead of using the Setup.exe, I unzipped and copied the 5.2 TTN.cab file to my Storage Card and installed it from there, the same as I had done for the 5.1 install.

Now everything is working fine.
    Last edited by buzzword; 02/16/2006 at 11:51 PM.