Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm having a problem with my Treo 700w... Sometimes my power button stops working and I am unable to turn the device on. The device still has a wireless signal (flashing green light), but I can't get it to wake up. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is a soft reset.

This has happened to me almost every day this week.

I found some other people with a similar problem:
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ware_que__USCA

I also called Verizon and opened a support call with them. They've had me hard reset the device and want me to call back if the problem reoccurs. I didn't have any 3rd party apps installed, though, so I doubt this will make a difference.

Anyone else having this problem?
    hm, would there be any chance this is the same wonderful problem with the Axim X51v ? the cause? ActiveSync. try the solution over at aximsite.com
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=819660

Same problem and a link to the solution.

Surur
    i had the same probem for like a week straight and my memory would drain to nothing with 1 prog running, i returned it
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Great post Surur. We ought to make this a sticky on this forum also. I thought I was going to have to return the unit.

Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the link.

I use OTA AS with my Exchange Server, though. Changing this setting to manual would be a complete pain the rear end.
    Thanks for the link. This solution works fine until something you to on the Treo 700w somehow triggers Active Sync again. I am stunned that this software design was carried forward in the 700. what do these guys want a class-action? the entire phone is useless because of the crappy implementation of active sync. this reminds me why Microsoft products are viewed disfavorably by Palm users.
    I tried the Howardforums Axim solution a few days ago and it seems to have worked, no problems since.
    Super link surur!

Thanks
    Where did you find the solution. I went to the menu of wireless sync and I adjusted the push/readysync setup push times. I was unable to find your solution listing. I was ready to get an RMA number to exchange my 700 for another since I purchased right from Palm.
    May I urge a BIT of caution using this mechanism?

I've been using my 700w with the verizon Wireless Synch stuff. When I followed the outlined procedure, the result was that the mail that was on my treo was deleted... from my Treo, from the vzw mail portal, and from my outlook account.

It wasn't a catastrophe ("deleted" in outlook, after all, just means "moved to your deleted items folder"). But, caveat users...

P
    turning off the active sync worked on my phone and stop all lock ups for the last 2 weeks now
    Active Sync fix has not worked for me. I eventually started over with a hard reset and when through the Active Sync fix again, but I'm still having to reset at least twice a day.
    same here....tried everything including the 'axim fix'.

Resorted to hard reset, axim fix, and absolutely NO software installed (other than wireless synch) and I'm still getting the lock ups. Soft resets at least once or twice a day on average.

Does ANYBODY have any other thoughts on this?
    FYI, here is a repost of the solution as quoted from the original source on Aximsite:

The all important Solution
    This 'server trick' was discovered by another Aximsite forum member known as Invid a little while ago. This information is courtesy of him originally, and copied many times throughout the Aximsite forum, but I am re-writing in easy to follow laymans terms to hopefully make this a sticky, and stop the multiple posting regarding the same old problems. Here we go!

1. Turn on your Axim
    2. Go to Start > Programs > Activesync. This will open the Activesync program.
    3. Tap Menu at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up the Options Menu. Notice the option Schedule... is greyed out? This is the all-critical option we need to get access to. But as it's disabled we can't change Activesync's default synchronisation schedule.

Ok, so how do we enable the Schedule option? Easy!!! Fool Activesync into thinking there is an Exchange Server to sync with:

1. From Activesync's Menu tap on Add Server Source.
    2. In the following screens you can enter any old garbage. It does not matter, but just in case your unsure, just type the following in the indicated boxes:

Server Address: fake
    Tap Next
    User name: fake
    Password: fake
    Domain: fake
    (Ticking save password or going into the Advanced menu makes no difference, so no need to bother).
    Tap Next
    Untick all of the 'Data you want to synchronise' options
    Tap Finish

3. Ok, we're done creating the server. You should now see in Activesync's main screen your normal Activesync connection(s), and a new connection called Exchange Server.
    4. Go back into the Menu, and lo and behold the Schedule option is now enabled! Go ahead and tap it!
    5. You will see that both options in the Schedule screen are set to Every 5 Minutes (A01 Rom), or Every 10 Minutes (A06 Rom). This simply will not do! ( * Advanced users - please see my note below * )
    6. Using the drop downs, change both the Peak times and Off-peak times boxes to Manually.
    7. Press the OK button at the top right of the screen.

Congratulations! Activesync is now gagged from opening on it's own and ruining your life! Your work is not done just yet though - time to clean up and get rid of the now unwanted fake Exchange Server.

1. Go back into Activesync's Menu, then Tap Options.
    2. Highlight Exchange Server, then tap Delete. A warning message will appear about removing files etc, but as you have no files associated with the fake Exchange Server, it's nothing to worry about - just tap Ok.
    3. The list will now only show your remaining PC Sync connection(s). Obviously do not delete these!

So there you go, your Axim will now be happy to lead a normal and fulfilling life serving your organisational needs.

You may now put your Axim on Standby safe in the knowledge it will turn back on when you need it to. You can be sure that your CF and SD cards are no longer going to go walkabout. You can be safe in the knowledge that your battery should no longer lose it's charge. Etc etc.
    Cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Great post Surur. We ought to make this a sticky on this forum also. I thought I was going to have to return the unit.

Thanks!

Done! Made sticky...for a while at least...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Damn... i just started having these lockups the past two days (didnt happen in the first 14 days of course). The problem with this workaround is that i need/want scheduled syncing with my exchange database... anyone have any other solutions other than disabling this?
    Another question... if ActiveSync causes this problem... can I use Verizon's Wireless Sync to send my emails and disable ActiveSync syncing every 5 minutes.

My guess is that if Wireless Sync USES activesync the problem will still exist but if wireless sync uses its own application(s) then it wont invoke the bug while my phone is locked?
    Quote Originally Posted by finadvsr

...Does ANYBODY have any other thoughts on this?
    Well, I'm mostly reading this forum to see if this device is going to bring me back to the Treo. So I don't have the 700W, but I do know WinMobile 2003 SE pretty well -FWIW. Here's a thread on the power button from a while back when Treo users were migrating to earlier WM phone/PDAs: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=power+button

If the 700W power button works the same way, this may help. Otherwise, sorry but it's my other thought here.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    mine still locked up today after 2weeks of running fine.and i have active sync set to manully connect.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast